Swiss Travel Pass and photo identifications

• Asghar_khan
    Participant
    31 posts
    13 April 2023 at 23:19:18 #829564

Dear team,

I just wants to know, do we need to keep original passports with us as a photo identification proof of all of our family persons or is it enough to keep soft copy of passport pictures in our mobile.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 April 2023 at 23:34:38 #953291

You are supposed to carry with you your official identity document when travelling around.

Anna
    6355 posts
    14 April 2023 at 9:44:33 #953292

Hi Asghar khan,

A national ID or a driving license can sometimes be used in lieu of passports.

Regards,

Anna

pvonk
    Participant
    382 posts
    14 April 2023 at 15:22:25 #953293

I once had a Swiss train conductor insist on seeing my original passport when verifying my Swiss Travel Pass. Fortunately I carry mine at all times when outside my hotel.

Arno
    15483 posts
    15 April 2023 at 5:12:49 #953294

Hi Ashgar,

That’s correct, you need to carry your actual passport when traveling with the Swiss Travel Pass. It can be checked to verify you’re the rightful owner f the pass. See https://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/howtouse as well, and https://www.myswissalps.com/visa for more information about the travel documents that are required.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass and photo identifications’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.