Swiss Travel Pass and child train ticket options

Swiss Travel Pass and child train ticket options

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Samfrula
Samfrula
7 posts
Oct 18, 2017 - 3:07 AM

Hi

1. I planned to purchase swiss travel pass through online. During the online form the system ask me date. Is it locked date that i have to follow this date or is it flexible for me to adjust the start date. I will be travelling for 5 days n plan to purchase a 4 days pass.

2- I ve purchase non flexible non refundable train ticket from paris to basel in dec. To my mistake i ve purchase a infant ticket for my 12yr 2mths yrs old son. The train ask me to repurchase a new ticket but i will hv to purchase at a regular pricey price.

if i take chance and just board the train without the right ticket, what will happen? Could i just take a chance and just pay onboard of the train if the train oprator wanted me to get a new ticket later on?

Lucas
Lucas
8915 posts
expert &
Oct 18, 2017 - 7:07 AM in reply to Samfrula

Hi Samfrula,

1. It is a fixed date. If you know the date you are arriving on then it shouldn't be an issue. You just need to pick either the first 4 days of your trip or the last 4 days of your trip (Day 1-4 or 2-5) Pick the day to leave out based on estimated travel costs.
  2. Yes you would have to buy a new ticket for your 12 year old. You can buy tickets from France to Switzerland online here (maybe prices are cheaper than where you bought it - not sure).
  3. Yes, train personnel will come through the train checking your tickets. They will then sell you a ticket for your child on the spot. This ticket will be more expensive than buying it online or at the rail station - it could be quite a bit more expensive as well.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018