Swiss Travel Pass Flex arrival – useful info

• rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    3 May 2017 at 10:07:06 #811661

Hi Folks,

This is not actually a trip report but I am so excited that our 15-day Swiss Travel Pass Flex arrived in the mail today that I had to share it with someone. Two weeks tomorrow we depart for Switzerland!

It took 26 days from ordering from HappyRail for the pass to get to Australia so if there are any Aussies out there watch out for the time lag.

Of course this would not have been a problem if we were getting the regular Swiss Travel Pass instead of the Flex. The Swiss Travel Pass you can get delivered on-line in a few days and print at home before you leave.

I was also having a mild panic that the date I set as the start would automatically be nominated as a used day on the STPF. Not so – the pass runs for a month and we have 15 empty boxes to fill in for the days we want to take advantage of the “free” travel and museums etc.

Rocky

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2017 at 17:34:26 #862716

Thanks for useful info Rocky – will undoubtedly be useful for many!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2017 at 4:03:21 #862717

Can we buy the Swiss Travel pass flex when we get to Switzerland?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    4 May 2017 at 5:38:54 #862718

Yes. Any SBB Ticket office.

Annika
    7116 posts
    4 May 2017 at 9:54:10 #862719

Hi mvmomcat,

All Swiss Travel Pass Flex purchase options are listed at myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpassflex/price.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    4 May 2017 at 10:15:16 #862720

Hi Annika,

The page in your link says “A Swiss Travel Pass Flex can be printed at home…..“.

I don’t believe that is correct as I discovered after searching for a number of days trying to work out how to achieve that.

You have to either get it in Switzerland or get it emailed to you.

If I have missed something can you provide a link to the reseller who provides a print at home option for future reference.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2017 at 10:59:10 #862721

Thanks, Rockoyster…we are patiently waiting for ours to come. They said it would be printed April 23rd…like you, we are very excited to have it in hand. Thanks for the further info on it.

OhGeologist

Arno
    15483 posts
    4 May 2017 at 13:29:20 #862722

Hi Rockoyster,

I’m sorry, that statement on our page was not correct and I removed it. Thank you for catching that! The Swiss Travel Pass can be printed at home but the Swiss Travel Pass Flex can’t. I expect this to be possible in the future, but for now they’ve made the choice to only offer self printing for the “simpler” passes which only have a start date and no flexible dates.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2017 at 15:14:56 #862723

Thanks so much everyone for all the information!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2017 at 10:24:08 #862724

3 questions: Hello. very thankful.our Swiss Travel 15 Day Flex Passes from HappyRail arrived last night. I was surprised that they did not have our names on them. We fill them in ourselves (that seems odd and insecure during mailing). But I was not sure about 3 things in filling them out as no directions came with them:

1. The first line is our name but the second line to be filled out says “LAND”. Does that mean United States if that is our home land or ??

2.The third line is PASS ID #: am I correct in thinking this is our passport ID number?

3. I saw no stamp or certification…does that mean we need to take it to a SBB person when we arrive in Zurich prior to getting on a train?

The dates were correct and the places were there to fill in the 15 days we will use it. Thinking of all the places we will have explored by the time it is filled in!

Thanks for your help,

OhGeologist

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2017 at 10:47:50 #862725

Hi OhGeologist,

1. Yes, Land is your country of residence (Land is country in German)
    2. Yes, Passport ID #
    3. No there should be no need to have it validated you have names and dates etc all filled out – click here for any validation requirements that we list.

Lucas

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    5 May 2017 at 10:48:15 #862726

Hi OhGeologist,

I too was a little surprised our names were not already on the tickets.

1. Land in German = Country in English

2. Yes, Passport Number.

3. I contacted HappyRails and they assured me no further validation was required. Just fill in the days you want to use the pass as you go.

Have a good trip.

Rocky

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    5 May 2017 at 10:50:19 #862727

SNAP Lucas!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2017 at 10:53:43 #862728

Thanks very much, Lucas and Rocky! Can’t wait…been twice but not for 12 years and I dearly miss the mountains…they help me realize perspective in life.

Oh(io) Geolgist

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2017 at 10:57:37 #862729

Ha, beat you rocky! Nice website pics by the way!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass Flex arrival – useful info’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.