Swiss Travel Pass- best way to buy the tickets

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2018 at 14:08:43 #815115

Few question about buying the passes:

1. Is there any difference between buying the tickets from official website and reseller?

2. Should I purchase all the passes and tickets to mountains together or no difference if I buy it separately?

3. Does the Swiss travel pass includes mountain excursion to Gornergrat and Matterhorn.

4. Saw one post that we can combine Gornergrat and Matterhorn together. How do we book the tickets?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jocelyn

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    3 April 2018 at 17:30:26 #880759

Hi Jocelyn,

1. Everyone is selling the same Swiss Travel Pass. Prices may vary slightly between one point of sale and the other. You’ll find the purchase options here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price.

2. It does not matter in which order you buy tickets and passes.

3. Trips to Gornergrat and Klein Matterhorn are discounted by 50%. Everything included in the pass can be found here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity

4. Yes, you can do both on one day if you wish. Please see the below pages for information about tickets:

Enjoy your trips:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2018 at 3:14:54 #880760

Hi Jocelyn,

>> 4. Saw one post that we can combine Gornergrat and Matterhorn together. How do we book the tickets?

Are you by any chance referring to the Peak2Peak trip, which uses a gondola from Furi to Riffelberg to take a shortcut between the Klein Matterhorn/Glacier Paradise cableway and the Gornergrat train?

This option is available until 22 April 2018, from 30 June to 19 August 2018 and probably again from 24 November 2018 until 21 April 2019. (Dates beyond August 2018 can’t be confirmed until new timetables released.)

You get 50% discount with a Swiss Travel Pass, and can get your tickets on the day of travel at the valley station of the Klein Matterhorn/Glacier Paradise cableway or the Gornergrat railway.

http://www.matterhornparadise .ch/en/summer/tickets-tariffs-summer/peak2peak

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2018 at 7:12:52 #880761

Thanks Arno.

And yes, thanks Alpenrose666. That’s the one. The peak2peak trip.

I will be going in late Jul, during the peak period. Should I buy the tickets in advance? will that be a full day trip?

Thanks.

Arno
    15483 posts
    4 April 2018 at 7:30:31 #880762

I would certainly allocate a whole day for this, to be able to make stops along the way, a walk here and there, and to fully enjoy the views, take pictures, have lunch, etc. Buying cable car tickets in advance is not required. I would buy the Swiss Travel Pass in advance as that allows you to print it at home, have a backup to print again if necessary, and save time on arrival.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2018 at 15:19:13 #880763

Thanks.

I have just make a reservation on the Glacier Express train.

Are we able to reserve the exact seat? How do we go about doing that?

Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2018 at 16:09:13 #880764

Hi GoilsJ,

So you did already make a reservation? You can select seats yes – but the side of the train you reserve isn’t guaranteed (ie left or right side).

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass- best way to buy the tickets’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.