Swiss Travel Pass buying in advance or on arrival?

• NannyNorman
    Participant
    56 posts
    4 June 2022 at 13:38:16 #827407

Hi guys, i am planning to get a six day swiss travel card, what is better buying before travel to switzerland or upon arrival? Is there any difference if i buy in advance or during my arrival, the airport is basel mulhouse. Are they selling STP in Basel airport?

Im just asking this because in case my flight will be cancelled, I lived in the UK and there are problems in most of the airport that airline cancelled flights in the last minute because of staff shortage.

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 June 2022 at 14:07:22 #942884

Hi NannyNorman,

It’s much easier to buy online. You’ll receive your Swiss Travel Pass via e-mail within minutes. You’ll avoid queuing. Also the digital pass makes sure you can never lose it because you’ll always have a copy.

Trusted places to buy are listed here: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/price

More details are here: http://www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/wheretobuy

As far as I know there’s no train service desk anymore at Basel airport. So you’ll have to pay for the bus to Basel SBB train station, spend time there to buy your pass and then hop on the next train. If you already have the Swiss Travel Pass you can simply hop on the bus for free and you’re also sure to make your connection at Basel SBB to the first available train.

Have a great trip!

NannyNorman
    Participant
    56 posts
    4 June 2022 at 15:11:51 #942885

Thank you, it is ok to buy when I landed in basel airport thru online?

Anna
    6382 posts
    4 June 2022 at 18:48:08 #942886

Hi NannyNorman,

Yes, that will work too. If you buy the Swiss Travel Pass from the Switzerland Travel Centre, the delivery is instant by email. You can find other online purchase options from the link that Arno provided.

regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass buying in advance or on arrival?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.