Swiss Travel Pass can be purchased in Switzerland?

Swiss Travel Pass can be purchased in Switzerland?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Anky1978
Anky1978
22 posts
Apr 22, 2017 - 5:55 AM

Dear All

a. Please Advise me weather i can purchased Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Half Fare Card after reaching Switzerland or not? ( I am coming from India ) , As on Eurail India Forum it was written somewhere we can't purchase Swiss Travel Pass after reaching Swiss ? Please Advise.

b. If i can purchase the pass from swiss from where i can purchase? I believe from any Train Station ?

Thanks

Ankur Nangia

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
1176 posts
top member
Apr 22, 2017 - 9:29 AM in reply to Anky1978

>> Please Advise me weather i can purchased Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Half Fare Card after reaching Switzerland or not?

If i can purchase the pass from swiss from where i can purchase? I believe from any Train Station ?

Hi Ankur,

Yes, you can purchase a Swiss Travel Pass or Half Fare Card after arrival in Switzerland - from staffed railway stations during opening hours.

You might have to wait in a queue at busy times, so buying before you arrive in Switzerland will enable you to avoid that wait.

Points of sale are listed here:

www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price

www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard/price

Alpenrose

Last modified on Apr 22, 2017 - 9:30 AM by Alpenrose666
Arno
Arno
9614 posts
expert &
Apr 22, 2017 - 9:50 AM

You may have read that you can can't buy the Swiss Transfer Ticket in Switzerland. That's correct, but the Swiss Travel Pass is another product. Buying before arrival is more convenient, as explained by Alpenrose. You can order online and print it at home to avoid the possible queue. Also you will have a backup so you can print it again if you lose the pass. You won't have that if buying in Switzerland. And, the online price is the same anyway, or sometimes even lower. So unless you have a reason to wait until arrival it's best to buy online. Alpenrose's links show the options.

Enjoy your trips!

Last modified on Apr 22, 2017 - 9:53 AM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017