Swiss Travel Pass coverage and route suggestions

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2017 at 20:42:40 #811737

Hi! had a few random queries about my trip thats gonna be in june second half

1) one of my family members has asthama. will it be okay to go upto jungfraujoch? is there any oxygen problem at any of the other peaks like titlis, pilatus or glacier-des-diablerets?

2) vevey’s local transport is covered by the STP. we wanted to visit mont pelerin. couldnt find any route on google maps. could you please suggest a route thats covered by stp upto mont pelerin?

3) lets say i leave for interlaken from zurich and assuming 2 hours by train ill be there by 12.30… if the apartment check-in is at 3 pm, is there any facility to keep the luggage? if yes, will it be paid? how much? is this kind of facility available all across switzerland?

4) is haut-de-caux from montreux covered by the STP? is unterbach a peak worth seeing? is that as well covered by the STP? (these 2 werent too clear on the validity map). Can brig, visp and unterbach be done in a day?

5) on google maps, glacier 3000 is shown as the base for the funicular towards glacier-des-diablerets. so is the alpine coaster on glacier-des-diablerets, or am i misunderstanding the two? coz in the sbb app, theres no option called glacier-des-diablerets, but google maps shows that as a separate peak and glacier3000(col du pillon)as the base. so if i wanna search for glacier-des-diablerets on the sbb app or site, how do i do it?

all replies much appreciated! thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2017 at 20:48:00 #863004

Hi!

Also wanted to know if giessbachfalle @brienz can be covered by the STP or not… thanks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2017 at 9:57:05 #863005

Hi Jay,

1. Best to consult a doctor – breathing can be affected at higher altitudes for sure – generally over 2500 meters it can become an issue for infants or adults with health issues. Mt. Pilatus is the lowest altitude (2100) and may be fine, but the other 3 are above 3000 meters.
    2. You can find a route to Mont-Pèlerin from Vevey on the SBB rail timetable here. It involves a bus and a funicular and is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass (you can see on the Swiss Travel Pass here for coverage)
    3. Most train stations have storage lockers and/or a baggage office you can use for a small fee yes. You can read about Interlaken train station here.
    4. I haven’t been to Unterbach, it isn’t covered on the Swiss Travel Pass however (you can see on the map it is a grey line) and those aren’t covered. It looks like Brig, Visp and Unterbach could be done in one day yes – depending on what you are wanting to see/do in Visp and Brig of course.
    5. Glacier 3000 is the commercial name for glacier-des-diablerets (that’s how I look at it). The Alpine Coaster is part of Glacier 3000. You should have no problem searching for routes to either glacier-des-diablerets or col du pillon on the SBB timetable.
    6. You can get to Giessbachfalle from Brienz in about 25 minutes (by boat) that is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2017 at 10:22:15 #863006

Thank you so much Lucas! Helped me a lot! But just a bit more confusion.

1) I checked the map once again, unterbach seems black to me instead of grey. Are you sure it’s not covered by the STP?

2) i checked the locker system on the link you’ve mentioned (the SBB link). They’ve given clear details about the locker size and the price. What’s that number column for? Also, the amount of time for which it can be used isn’t mentioned. Is this locker system for 24 hours or is it charged per hour? Are the dimensions Lenght × Breadth × Height? If yes, I’m considering the large locker, for instance, to be 44.7 cm long, 61.5 cm broad and 88 cm high, is this correct?

3) lastly, glacier-des-diablerets has many activities there. Are they all covered in the cable car ticket?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2017 at 18:05:10 #863007
    1. I’m pretty sure? – it still looks grey to me 🙂
    2. It is 24 hours I believe and the dimensions are listed as width x height x depth so it’s: 44.7 cm wide, 61.5 cm high and 88 cm deep
    3. Some are included and some are extra. Check out the prices and activities on their website here.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2017 at 18:23:16 #863008

Got it! Thank you so much!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2017 at 19:15:14 #863009

Upon further checking the trip to Unterbäch is indeed covered (apparently it is black!)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2017 at 20:09:51 #863010

haha no worries! thanks a lot! could you please also let me know about the coverage of haut-de-caux in montreux (not too clear on the map)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2017 at 0:09:33 #863011

>> could you please also let me know about the coverage of haut-de-caux in montreux (not too clear on the map)

Yes, it is covered 100%. It’s on the route to Rochers-de-Naye. The fare beyond Haut-de-Caux is discounted by 50%.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2017 at 4:29:13 #863012

Thank you so much! 🙂

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass coverage and route suggestions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.