Golden Pass to Montreux with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2015 at 10:49:44 #807284

hi, i’ve bought the Swiss Travel Pass for 8 days.

Just wanted to know which train should i board? I read about “Golden Pass” somewhere and was wondering will I be using this train to go to Montreux.

and would like to travel from interlaken to montreux for one day trip.

please suggest what time should i leave (early morning pref.) so that we can reach Montreux in time and see the best possible tourist spots. Kindly recommend which are the best places to see here.

Thanks in advanceAnkur

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 May 2015 at 11:09:00 #843375

Hi Ankur,

You can board any train with the Swiss Travel Pass. They’re all in the timetable. Further details about about the Golden Pass line are on the Golden Pass page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2015 at 4:04:40 #843376

Hi Arno, I too have the swiss travel pass. As per the suggestions I tried making a reservation for the golden pass line between Interlaken and Montreux but couldnt do it. In rail-europe site while booking train between the route, its showing me a cost for the same and also nowhere mentions that its a panoramic train. Kindly advise how to go about making the seat reservation for goldenpass train.

Regards

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2015 at 5:31:42 #843377

Tried making seat reservations at tickets.goldenpass.ch/ but they are charging for the same (although nominal 10 CHF), but I thought using the Swiss pass no extra reservation charges are required.
    Can you please advice if I should go ahead with the reservations or try my luck getting the seats and keep the trip flexible.

Also i will be traveling from Lucerne to Interlaken, should I make reservation in GPass for the same too?

Thanks a lot

Arno
    15471 posts
    30 May 2015 at 6:50:42 #843378

Hi viciss,

Reservations are not required (please see here), but if you do want them you can book them through the website you mentioned or http://www.raileurope.co.in#t ab3 (you are from India, right?). I would personally not book seats, or at the most for the leg from Zweisimmen to Montreux as it’s recommended (not required) for a few trains there.

Seat reservations are not included in any of the rail passes, and not required for trains in Switzerland apart from the Glacier Express, Bernina Express and Wilhelm Tell Express.

Enjoy the ride!

• The thread ‘Golden Pass to Montreux with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.