Swiss Travel Pass discount before February?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 December 2017 at 11:35:20 #813897

We are travelling to Switzerland in February 18. Does anyone know if there is likely to be a discount for the travel pass before then? Or should I just purchase the pass now? Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 December 2017 at 13:41:07 #873328

Hi PeteG and welcome to MySwissAlps!

We can’t say for sure if there will be – last year I think it was in March/April….

Check our promotions page here for updates. If you are buying the Swiss Travel Pass online, you can wait until a week before travel as it will be emailed to you to print at home (they say to give yourself 3 days for the order but it is usually instantaneous).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 December 2017 at 16:58:05 #873329

Thanks for the reply.

I looked at the Schilthorn website but it says there is a fee to pay even if you are a Swiss Travel Pass holder and that the fee is valid until December 2018. Anyone have a definitive answer?

Arno
    15484 posts
    30 December 2017 at 17:40:41 #873330

Hi Pete,

From 1 January 2018 there is no fee on the Schilthorn for Swiss Travel Pass holders. You can verify that on the below pages, and the Schilthorn price list shows this in a footnote as well.

Enjoy the trip!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass discount before February?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.