Swiss Travel Pass discount before February?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
PeteG
PeteG
3 posts
Dec 30, 2017 - 11:35 AM

We are travelling to Switzerland in February 18. Does anyone know if there is likely to be a discount for the travel pass before then? Or should I just purchase the pass now? Thanks

Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
Dec 30, 2017 - 1:41 PM in reply to PeteG

Hi PeteG and welcome to MySwissAlps!

We can't say for sure if there will be - last year I think it was in March/April....

Check our promotions page here for updates. If you are buying the Swiss Travel Pass online, you can wait until a week before travel as it will be emailed to you to print at home (they say to give yourself 3 days for the order but it is usually instantaneous).

PeteG
PeteG
3 posts
Dec 30, 2017 - 4:58 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I looked at the Schilthorn website but it says there is a fee to pay even if you are a Swiss Travel Pass holder and that the fee is valid until December 2018. Anyone have a definitive answer?

Arno
Arno
12140 posts
expert &
Dec 30, 2017 - 5:40 PM

Hi Pete,

From 1 January 2018 there is no fee on the Schilthorn for Swiss Travel Pass holders. You can verify that on the below pages, and the Schilthorn price list shows this in a footnote as well.

Enjoy the trip!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019