Swiss Travel Pass discount before February?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
PeteG
PeteG
3 posts
Dec 30, 2017 - 11:35 AM

We are travelling to Switzerland in February 18. Does anyone know if there is likely to be a discount for the travel pass before then? Or should I just purchase the pass now? Thanks

Lucas
Lucas
9597 posts
expert &
Dec 30, 2017 - 1:41 PM in reply to PeteG

Hi PeteG and welcome to MySwissAlps!

We can't say for sure if there will be - last year I think it was in March/April....

Check our promotions page here for updates. If you are buying the Swiss Travel Pass online, you can wait until a week before travel as it will be emailed to you to print at home (they say to give yourself 3 days for the order but it is usually instantaneous).

PeteG
PeteG
3 posts
Dec 30, 2017 - 4:58 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I looked at the Schilthorn website but it says there is a fee to pay even if you are a Swiss Travel Pass holder and that the fee is valid until December 2018. Anyone have a definitive answer?

Arno
Arno
11354 posts
expert &
Dec 30, 2017 - 5:40 PM

Hi Pete,

From 1 January 2018 there is no fee on the Schilthorn for Swiss Travel Pass holders. You can verify that on the below pages, and the Schilthorn price list shows this in a footnote as well.

Enjoy the trip!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018