Swiss Travel Pass E-ticket – Renew passport issue

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 April 2018 at 9:06:22 #815384

I had purchased thru Rail Europe website & get my Swiss travel 8 day pass e-ticket last month for 4pax. This is 2nd visit to Swiss. Unknown that the e-ticket printed with passport no. as previously I written on the hard copy.

Now I just renewed my passport, how shall I do & what is the cost ?

I wrote to Rail Europe, they reply may have to cancel & rebook, refund will subject for 15% cancellation charges if trainer operator can’t waive off.Then I wrote to SBB ticketshop, they reply ticket alteration will charge CHF10 but I am not purchase from SBB.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 April 2018 at 9:55:53 #882511

Welcome to MySwissAlps Thl100!

I’m sorry to hear about the passport issue. Indeed print at home passes have all details printed on them so they’re ready to use. You can best contact the retailer you purchased from, in your case: http://www.raileurope. com.sg/spip.php?page=contact.

The standard procedure for most if not all retailers is to cancel the old pass (85% refund) and then get a new one. I don’t think the SBB ticket shop would change a pass for CHF 10. That sounds like the fee for changing a regular point to point ticket, but I might be wrong.

Good luck, and have a wonderful trip!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass E-ticket – Renew passport issue’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.