Swiss Travel Pass E-ticket - Renew passport issue

Swiss Travel Pass E-ticket - Renew passport issue

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Thl100
Thl100
1 post
Apr 17, 2018 - 9:06 AM

I had purchased thru Rail Europe website & get my Swiss travel 8 day pass e-ticket last month for 4pax. This is 2nd visit to Swiss. Unknown that the e-ticket printed with passport no. as previously I written on the hard copy.

Now I just renewed my passport, how shall I do & what is the cost ?

I wrote to Rail Europe, they reply may have to cancel & rebook, refund will subject for 15% cancellation charges if trainer operator can't waive off.Then I wrote to SBB ticketshop, they reply ticket alteration will charge CHF10 but I am not purchase from SBB.

Arno
Arno
10355 posts
expert &
Apr 17, 2018 - 9:55 AM

Welcome to MySwissAlps Thl100!

I'm sorry to hear about the passport issue. Indeed print at home passes have all details printed on them so they're ready to use. You can best contact the retailer you purchased from, in your case: http://www.raileurope. com.sg/spip.php?page=contact.

The standard procedure for most if not all retailers is to cancel the old pass (85% refund) and then get a new one. I don't think the SBB ticket shop would change a pass for CHF 10. That sounds like the fee for changing a regular point to point ticket, but I might be wrong.

Good luck, and have a wonderful trip!

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 5:27 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018