Swiss Travel Pass Flex & Swiss Half Fare Card?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 August 2018 at 8:06:14 #817908

Hi,

I am visiting Switzerland via Zurich . My Itinerary is Zurich 2 Days then Luzern 3 days and then Wengen 3 days. Then back to Zurich to catch the flight. I am planning to visit Mt Pilatus, Zungfrau , Mt Titlis and use the Glacier Express. I understand that I need to pay for all these places and my swiss half fare pass is giving me same discount as swiss travel pass flex 3 days. For the rest of the travel, I am planning to buy day travel ticket discounted by my swiss half fare pass.

So I my question is given that I have already bought swiss half fare pass, Do I still need to buy swiss travel pass flex 3 days ?

Any help on this is really appreciated.

Many Thanks,

GN

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 August 2018 at 15:27:21 #894323

Hi GN and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I would first say that the discounts from the Swiss Travel Pass Flex and the Swiss Half Fare Card are different.

Having said that though, if you already have a Swiss Half Fare Card, I don’t think a Swiss Travel Pass Flex would be worth the purchase price no – you certainly don’t need to buy it. 🙂

You are already getting 50% off everything, so to buy the STPF to get some routes covered 100% probably isn’t worth it.

http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpassflex
    http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard

Arno
    15484 posts
    16 August 2018 at 15:42:13 #894324

Hi GN,

You can always opt for an additional day pass, if there’s a day with a lot of traveling: http://www.myswissalps.com/on edaytravelpass

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 August 2018 at 15:59:31 #894325

Thanks a lot for the reply. Many thanks for being helpful.

sanjeev
    Participant
    48 posts
    17 August 2018 at 8:04:12 #894326

I will be buying a Swiss Travel Pass for 4 days (for my 5 day trip). The link, for additional day pass, says only with a Swiss Half Fare Card.

Any additional ‘day pass’ with Swiss Travel Pass?

Thanks for the reply

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2018 at 11:35:19 #894327

Hi Sanjeev,

We have details on the Saver Day Pass on the above link from Arno. Click on the “details” tab to read about it.

It is close to basically being a 1 day Swiss Travel Pass but the validity area is not quite the same (IE for mountains, no discounts except Rigi). You don’t need the Swiss Half Fare Card with the Saver Day Pass.

Do note the prices for the Saver Day Pass fluctuate each day so sometimes they are a great deal and sometimes not.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2018 at 13:56:05 #894328

Hi All,

Just returned from my swiss trip. It was awesome.

Like to add some travel information which I found during my travel.

1. Buy Super Saver Ticket if available. They can reduce your travel cost for upto 70%. Please note that they are not available for same day travel. Check your travel route atleast couple of days in advance, it might be available.

2. Super Saver Ticket can be combined with Swiss Half Fare Travel Pass.

3. Super Saver Tickets requires you to travel at the time mentioned on your ticket. If you miss that train, you must buy new ticket and can get refund for Super Saver Tickets.

More information here : http://www.sbb.ch/en/travelca rds-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/supersaver -tickets.html

Thanks,

Gaurav

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2018 at 14:48:10 #894329

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for the tips! Hope your trip went well overall!

#3 – You can’t get a refund for a missed train on a Supersaver ticket – as noted on your SBB link. 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2018 at 15:12:02 #894330

Thanks Lucas for correction. I read below on the site under the Q &A section and thought it can be refunded.

I have missed the selected supersaver ticket connection for which I bought a supersaver ticket. Can I still use my supersaver on another connection?

If you have missed the booked connection or wish to travel at another time, you can purchase another ticket at the standard fare and have the supersaver ticket refunded after travelling. You must show the ticket collector the original supersaver ticket with a confirmation as well as the original ticket purchased at the standard fare. Only tickets for identical routes may be refunded. The refund can be processed at points of sale with electronic sales machines and access to the customer’s file. A reduced surcharge of CHF 10 will be applied for refunds as per T600.9. Where a train is cancelled or delayed or a route is closed, you may use the next connection with confirmation from the ticket inspector or sales agent.”

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2018 at 17:27:42 #894331

Weird! The whole idea (I thought) was to offer a cheap non-refundable ticket! Which they do state in the normal terms and conditions on your link: Supersaver tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged as a basic principle.

But it looks like it can be done. It will take some time at the ticket office I think, and you still lose 10chf processing fees. But thanks for the update.

It can be done if you still travel on the same route and you don’t mind the time and processing fees.

Always learning on this forum! 🙂

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass Flex & Swiss Half Fare Card?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.