Swiss Travel Pass Flex prices/validity

• Arctic_Wolf
    Participant
    40 posts
    6 August 2018 at 2:24:25 #817694

Hello Thrillseekers,

Planning our trip to Switzerland and getting the 15 day Swiss Travel Pass Flex as we don’t want to rush the trip with continual daily travel.

Do we have to nominate the days of travel before buying the Flex pass or can you just travel anytime the 15 days in the 1 month?

I have heard it is more expensive than the STP but by how much?

Does it have the same validity as the STP?

Thanks in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 August 2018 at 8:54:35 #893394

Hi Arctic Wolf and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, the Swiss Travel Pass Flex is a fair bit more expensive than the consecutive day version (Swiss Travel Pass). They do have the exact same validity as well. But on non-travel days on the Flex version there are no discounts for anything.

You can check prices for those passes here:

For a quick idea, the 8 day Swiss Travel Pass Flex is 445chf and the 15 day consecutive is 485chf. Hardly anything extra and then almost all travel you may do each day is covered.

I don’t know how long you are in Switzerland for, but if around 10-15 days the consecutive STP is probably better financially. Even if I was in Switzerland for only 10 days I’d buy the 15 day STP rather than the 8 day STP Flex for example (it seems like you “waste” 3/4 days but it is the wrong way to think about it).

Hope that makes sense!

If you want to compare costs between those 2 rail passes and know 100% which is the cheaper option for you, you can do so on our spreadsheet here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses/practical/choosera ilpass but you need to plan out your trips each day first.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2018 at 16:54:47 #893395

Hi Arctic Wolf,

Were you able to plan your trip and pick a rail pass? Do you need any further assistance?

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass Flex prices/validity’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.