Swiss Travel Pass Flex and route Lucerne-Lyon

• Shar
    Participant
    8 posts
    10 July 2022 at 15:09:38 #827734

My husband and I will be staying in a Lucerne for a month beginning on 08/01. I’m planning to buy a 15 day Swiss Flex Pass so we can see as much of Switzerland as possible. I just have a few questions:

1) Is there any advantage to buying a half fare pass in addition to the flex pass, or are most of the associated discounts included with the flex pass.

2) We will be traveling from Lucerne to Lyon, France on 08/30. What is the best itinerary for getting from Lucerne to Lyon? Should I buy a Point to Point pass or can the flex pass be used?

3) Do you suggest buying the flex pass from the train station when we get to Lucerne or should I purchase prior to arrival?

4) Can I purchase point to point tickets at the airport in Zurich to get to Lucerne when we arrive?

Thanks so much for your help. I fell in love with Switzerland after a brief visit on a tour and can’t wait to get back to Lucerne. I am a travel agent so I want to explore as much as I can while I am there.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass Flex and route Lucerne-Lyon’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.