Swiss Travel Pass Flex handwritten days of use?

• rob_travels
    Participant
    5 posts
    29 May 2022 at 15:29:18 #827341

It looks like my wife and I might use the 15 day Swiss flex pass for our upcoming trip to Switzerland and Germany (on the ground for about 17 days in Switzerland, with the days interrupted by about 6 days in Germany). I like the format where you can manually write in the days of use, where you have the 15 use days printed with open slots to write in the calendar days as you use them. Is this the pass format that one would get if purchasing directly at a Swiss train station? Also, is it possible to buy such a pass online? In a perfect world we could purchase our pass online a few days before our trip, print out backups etc. and have the type of pass allowing us to write in our days of use. I’d rather not have to worry about online activation and phone connectivity issues etc.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but if so couldn’t find it.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    29 May 2022 at 16:08:25 #942520

Hi Rob,

The way the Swiss Travel Pass Flex works has completely changed a few years ago. Basically you will get a day ticket for each travel day, so there is no pass with a list of 15 individual days anymore. Note that you don’t have to be online all the time. That’s only required to select a travel day, so you can do that on the Wifi of your hotel, for example. Please find details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpassflex/howtouse.

I’m quite sure it’s no longer possible to get an old pass on paper and manually write in the travel days. I’ll double-check for you and will post back here if I find any additional information.

rob_travels
    Participant
    5 posts
    29 May 2022 at 17:36:47 #942521

Thanks for info, good to know that what i’m looking for is gone.

Arno
    15483 posts
    1 June 2022 at 9:40:36 #942522

Hi again Rob,

I did a little more research and found that you will still get the old paper tickets if you decide to buy at a station. Those require handwritten dates. Even though we normally don’t recommend this, because online purchasing is quicker and more safe, it is still available if you want it. No doubt that this will be phased out eventually, but for now it is still available.

Additional information regarding purchasing is available here:

Happy travels!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2022 at 9:43:38 #942523

Great News. Proper old fashioned stuff. One of these days the whole ‘digital’ world will collapse around our ears!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass Flex handwritten days of use?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.