Swiss Travel Pass Flex sale? Printing vs shipping?

Swiss Travel Pass Flex sale? Printing vs shipping?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
eurodani
eurodani
30 posts
Feb 26, 2018 - 7:23 PM

Hi, we need 2 adult and 2 youth 2nd class 4 day Swiss travel pass flex to use starting 17, July. Since they don't go on sale very often, is there a certain time of year that sales are more likely to happen? Also, did not see print at home option for the travel pass flex, when attempting an order, so I cancelled the transaction. Are these passes only available for shipping? (I live in US.) Was trying to avoid shipping charges. Thanks.

Arno
Arno
10757 posts
expert &
Feb 26, 2018 - 8:25 PM

Hi Eurodani,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The Swiss Travel Pass Flex can't be printed at home yet. That will be made available later this year or next year. It will be shipped, but shipping is free in most cases. Please see www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpassflex/pric e for purchase options. You'll get free shipping through www.happyrail.com/en/p ass/europe/switzerland /swiss-travel-pass-flex and www.raileurope.com/pas s/swiss-pass-5934, for example.

As for promotions: they're mostly offered in low season and sometimes only for traveling in low season too. But there have been exceptions. I don't know if and when the next promotion will be available. As soon as there is one, you'll find it here: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpassflex/prom otions.

Does this answer your questions?

rockoyster
rockoyster
3709 posts
expert
Feb 26, 2018 - 8:28 PM in reply to eurodani

Hello eurodani and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

There is no print at home option for the Flex Pass at present.

HappyRail offer free shipping- see www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price. Just be aware that when I bought one last year it took 3 weeks to reach Australia. Not sure if that is typical.

Promotions are rare, especially for July, but will be announced on this forum and appear in promotions tab of link above.

Last modified on Feb 26, 2018 - 9:12 PM by rockoyster
eurodani
eurodani
30 posts
Feb 27, 2018 - 1:53 PM

Thank you for the information. It seemed buying directly from the SBB site was the cheapest, but with the shipping charge will be better to go with HappyRail or RailEurope. Do costs of the Swiss passes fluctuate throughout the year or are they set? If I were to go ahead and purchase now and a promotion does come up before our trip, do you know if it's possible to get an adjustment on the purchase cost?

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Feb 27, 2018 - 2:24 PM in reply to eurodani

Hi Eurodani,

The prices are set. Rockoyster and Arno mentioned it already, promotions are rare. No adjustments will be made.

eurodani
eurodani
30 posts
Feb 27, 2018 - 3:51 PM

Thank you.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018