Swiss Travel Pass Flex promo – extra travel days

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Abhijeet
    Participant
    8 posts
    19 September 2020 at 6:24:21 #934277

Greetings !!

Hello All,

This seems to be probably some respite to travel to Switzerland. It has been long planning for me and my family to visit Switzerland. We initially planned to travel in 2019 Spring , but we could not travel due to emergency in my Family. We postponed our travel to 2020 spring, but all our bookings had to be cancelled due to COVID.

We moved all our travel to May 2021 now and we are hoping that the travel happens. out of our itineray, we are going to spend maximum nights in switzerland and this promotion comes as a welcome news. Cancel for Free is another fantastic clause.

The forum and site MyswissAlps has been a guiding torch for us to plan our trip.

One question on the promotion is , whether we can book it for our trip in may 2021.?

How long the promotion is going to be ON ? Is the promotion going to be active in october ?

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijeet

Anna
    6362 posts
    19 September 2020 at 13:04:26 #934278

Hi Abhijeet,

The booking process is the same as the regular Swiss Travel Pass Flex – you can book up to 90 days before the start of your trip.

As Arno mentioned, this promotion is available until 31 March 2021.

Regards,

Anna

Abhijeet
    Participant
    8 posts
    19 September 2020 at 13:41:06 #934279

Thanks Anna.

May be I am not clear with my question and I am confused with your statement ” you can book up to 90 days before the start of your trip.”

1. I have gone to the Switzerland Travel center website and have entered the date as 13 – May -2021 as my travel date. ( see the confirmation attached with this message )

2. I have entered 2 adults and a Kid for the same with the promotion and it is taking me to the next page. So there is no restriction for the date it seems. I do not know if I will be able to complete the booking with these dates. I hope I will be.

However I want to do this booking in next month and not in this month so I hope that promotion is ON until then.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Anna
    6362 posts
    19 September 2020 at 14:35:09 #934280

Hi Abhijeet,

I think it’s fine as long you book before the promotion end date of 31st March 2021, and make your trip within 3 months from the pass start date.

Regards,

Anna

Abhijeet
    Participant
    8 posts
    20 September 2020 at 5:47:07 #934281

Its clear now.

Thanks Anna.

Regds, Abhijeet

Briggs
    Participant
    12 posts
    29 March 2021 at 17:33:38 #934282

Hi there can anybody help i need some clarity can I get a full refund if I buy a 4 day Swiss Travel Pass Flex and I can’t make the trip. Also I’m flying into Basel Airport can I use the travel pass for my return journey to Wengen do I have to use particular trains or can I use any trains running between Basel and wengen? Can I also use the pass to go on mountain cable cars on any day.Thanks to anybody who can help me

Anna
    6362 posts
    29 March 2021 at 19:29:51 #934283

Hi Briggs,

Based on the information on the Switzerland Travel Centre website, you can get a refund for your Swiss Travel Pass Flex if you cancel at least four working days before the first date of validity.

Yes, you can use the Swiss Travel Pass Flex for your journey between Basel and Wengen on any SBB trains as long as you travel on valid travel day. The Swiss Travel Pass provides up to 50% discount on most mountain railways and cable cars if you travel on validated days.

You can find more information here: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpassflex

Regards,

Anna

Briggs
    Participant
    12 posts
    30 March 2021 at 6:41:35 #934284

Hi Anna thanks for your reply can you tell me what is a valid travel day I’m looking at going to Switzerland for 7nights and buying a 4 day travel pass flex ticket which if I buy before 31st March I get 5days.I need 2days for getting to Wengen and back the other 3days do I have to nominate days or just turn up at a railway station or mountain lift to get my discounts,and when I’ve used the pass for 3 days does the pass know.Thanks for help in advance.

Anna
    6362 posts
    30 March 2021 at 9:28:32 #934285

Hi Briggs,

The Swiss Travel Pass Flex gives you the flexibility to travel for free on selected days within a period of 1 month. For instance, if you buy a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass Flex commencing March 31, then you can use the pass until Apr 30. Within that period of validity, you can select any day up to 4 days (plus an extra day with the promotion) to travel for free.

You’ll find more information about how to validate and use the Swiss Travel Pass Flex here: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpassflex/howtouse

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass Flex promo – extra travel days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.