Swiss Travel Pass Flex – what counts as a day?

• GoGiantsfan
    Participant
    52 posts
    26 June 2021 at 15:09:01 #825881

HI,

We are looking to get an 8 day Swiss Travel Pass Flex. I am just wondering (we are spending a week in Grindelwald) if i use the pass one day just for a 50% off cable car ride does that use up one of my days on the pass?

Thanks,

Karen

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6376 posts
    26 June 2021 at 15:18:56 #935472

Hi GoGiantsFan,

The 50% discount is only applicable on validated travel days. You can find more information on how to use the Swiss Travel Pass Flex here: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpassflex/howtouse

Regards,

Anna

GoGiantsfan
    Participant
    52 posts
    26 June 2021 at 16:20:30 #935473

Thanks Anna.

I was not sure since it said show your pass to get the discount. I was thinking if I was not traveling by train or boat that if I just show the pass they might not mark it as one of my 8 days for just a discount. Going to do some more calculations to see what works best. Glad we were able to rebook our trip from last September to this one. Thanks again.

Annika
    7121 posts
    27 June 2021 at 10:12:40 #935474

Hi GoGiantsfan,

Happy to hear you’re now able to plan a September trip! It’s indeed as explained on the page Anna linked to: you choose yourself which days you want to use as free travel days. And only on those days, you can show your pass and profit from discounts and free traveling. In case you need a little help calculating your options, this page might be useful: http://www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass Flex – what counts as a day?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.