Swiss Travel Pass Flex – What is a selected day?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 December 2017 at 15:14:29 #813847

If I use a Swiss Travel Pass Flex for a discount on an excursion from Murren to Mt Schilthorn and that is my only trip of the day, is that considered one of my “selected days” for the Travel Pass?

In other words, if I have the 8 day Flex Pass, is the Murren to Schilthron excursion considered one of my 8 days?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 December 2017 at 17:48:24 #873083

Hi bogbozo and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Yes, assuming you’re using your Swiss Travel Pass Flex for that day. When you use the card you need to write down the date of your travel day in the designated area on the pass. Do so before you start traveling, not when you’re already on board.

For more information about how to use the Swiss Travel Pass Flex click here.

Arno
    15484 posts
    19 December 2017 at 18:48:54 #873084

Chantal is right: it’s up to you to decide whether to use a travel day or not. I would not do it in this case, as one day on your 8-day Swiss Travel Pass Flex has cost you CHF 52.50, and you will save only CHF 41.10 on that trip. (2017 prices)

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass Flex – What is a selected day?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.