Swiss Travel Pass Flex Zurich Airport pickup

• iaywml
    Participant
    8 posts
    6 July 2018 at 3:28:16 #817114

Hello! I am looking to purchase the Swiss Travel Pass Flex online with the option of pick up at Zurich Airport as the Flex passes are not available as e-tickets.

I seem to have trouble finding information regarding how to proceed with the ticket pick-up at Zurich Airport.

We will be landing in Zurich at about 8.20pm on 11 July, so I’d safely assume I will arrive at the train station at 9.20pm earliest. Will the ticket counters still be open at that time? According to SBB website, ticket counters are open 6am-9pm. Is there anywhere else I can purchase the pass after 9pm then?

Given my departure date, I do not believe it would be a good idea to have the ticket shipped to my home in my country of residence. As such I am looking to buy the Pass at the airport itself.

Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2018 at 8:00:53 #890368

Hi iaywml,

You should be able to pick up the Swiss Travel Pass Flex at the airport until 22:30 https://www.sbb.ch/en/ station-services/railway-stations/further-stations/station.3016. zuerich-flughafen.html

That being said, you can also have it sent to your hotel (if you order today via the SBB ticketshop link on http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpassflex/pric e) and just buy a ticket from the airport to Zurich (about 8chf).

Lastly, it is often the case that the Swiss Travel Pass (non-Flex) works out cheaper overall than the Flex. It can also be emailed to you which is nice!

If you’ve done the math and the Flex is best, then either hotel or airport pick up should work for you.

iaywml
    Participant
    8 posts
    6 July 2018 at 9:53:53 #890369

Hello! Thank you very much for your reply, this was very helpful!

Just to confirm, the opening hours for SBB counters at Zurich airport is until 22:30 for both on-site purchase, as well as pre-purchased tickets? If I order today, will I be able to pick the tickets up by 11July?

We will be going to Lucerne from Zurich airport as that will be our first base (:

Thank you very much for your advice!!!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2018 at 12:16:53 #890370

The SBB website shows tickets/travelcards open until 22:30 – so you should be good to go.

The alternative as it is getting a bit late is to buy it at the airport upon arrival.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2018 at 7:39:10 #890371

>> Just to confirm, the opening hours for SBB counters at Zurich airport is until 22:30 for both on-site purchase, as well as pre-purchased tickets? If I order today, will I be able to pick the tickets up by 11July?

If you order online in advance, for pick-up at the airport, the pick-up will be at the Airport Information Service Centre, not at the SBB ticket office.

Once you have completed your online order, you will receive an email with a voucher (which you will exchange at the airport for your pass) and directions for finding the Airport Information Service Centre. I don’t know whether it is too late to do an online order – you will just have to try.

You can see a copy of the instructions they send you for pick-up, attached to my post of Jun 3, 2018 – 11:39 PM on the following page:

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/meeting-arriving-passengers-at-zrh

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass Flex Zurich Airport pickup’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.