Swiss Travel Pass for 15 days buy at the airport

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2017 at 5:09:55 #811091

Hi,

I wish to buy a Swiss travel pass.

I am planning to buy once I arrive at Zurich airport from the airport itself.

Please advise whether rates will be same as displayed on websites or any extra charges will be there or it will be expensive if I purchase from the airport.

Thanks

Neha Garg

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 March 2017 at 7:30:01 #860143

Hi Neha,

You’ll find all purchase options and prices through myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price. As you can see you can buy online or at the airport, and the price is the same at the moment (do check the promotions on that page as well though!). It’s much more convenient to buy online though. You can print your pass at home and can board the train straight away rather than queuing for a ticket office.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2017 at 7:34:27 #860144

Thanks a lot for the reply.

If I buy online I will need to bear the shipping charges right .That is costly.

In order to avoid that I thought of buying at airport itself.

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 March 2017 at 7:40:32 #860145

Hi Neha,

There is no shipping involved, and no extra costs either. You will receive an e-mail and can print the pass at home (see the page I linked to). So there is no advantage in buying at the airport. Here’s how to buy if you prefer to buy through the official SBB webshop, but as you can see there are other options too: please visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en and select the Swiss Travel Pass. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass within 1-3 business days (no delivery fees), so you can print it at home.

This is also the more secure option as you can print multiple copies and also have an electronic backup of the pass. If you buy it at the airport the pass can’t be replaced in case of loss of theft.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass for 15 days buy at the airport’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.