Swiss Travel pass for 8 days Paris and Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2017 at 12:16:29 #811678

Hi,

I will be travelling with my wife on 30th may to swiss from India. we will be roaming swiss from 30th May to 4th June in Swiss, then head to Paris on 4th june afternoon. Come back to swiss on 6th June evening.Depart swiss on 8th june afternoon to India. i was planning for swiss travel pass for 8 days continuous initially. But then when i am in paris, 2 days pass would be useless.

While booking on Euro Rail Pass site, i saw an option for 8 days in a month pass. do you have more details about this pass? how do i chose my dates of travel and all that.

Your response would help me decide here. Kindly advice.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    4 May 2017 at 14:19:44 #862795

Hi Santy,

You’ve probably been looking at the Eurail Select Pass. All information about it can be found at myswissalps.com/eurail selectpass. I’m not sure if that’s your best bet. You’ll pay for free traveling throughout France, but I assume you’ll only be making some local trips in France. Moreover, coverage in Switzerland isn’t as good as with the Swiss Travel Pass. A good is example is the Jungfrau region: there are only discounts south of Interlaken, whereas the Swiss Travel Pass covers more.

An 8 day Swiss Travel Pass might still be your best choice. Alternatively you can look into the Swiss Half Fare Card. If you pick one of these, you need additional tickets between the border and Paris: myswissalps.com/traint ickets/france.

If you want to make sure which option is most economical, detailed calculations will help: myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel pass for 8 days Paris and Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.