Swiss Travel Pass for elderly person above 70yrs

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2016 at 4:18:33 #809098

Hi,

we we are travelling as family in a group of 7 with 4 adults between 25-59,two sons of 21 and 10 yrs old. My mother 75 years old will also accompany us. On the site for buying STP I could nt find any option for buying ticket for traveller above 59yrs.

please help how it can be done

thanks for all your help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7122 posts
    4 May 2016 at 7:01:40 #851568

Hi Saumya12,

There are no senior discounts for Swiss Travel Passes, nor for regular train tickets in Switzerland. The regular adult prices apply to all products. It’s explained here as well.

I’m not sure which website you’re using, but the recommended ones are listed here. In your case, http://www.swissrailways.com/ en would be the best option. You can order 4 adult passes, 2 youth passes for your 21 year old sons and a free Swiss Family Card for your 10 year old son there. Select “Online ticket” when asked for delivery options, and they’ll mail print at home passes without additional delivery or handling fees.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2016 at 13:46:41 #851569

Hi Annika

I think you may have misunderstood – there is one son of 21 and one aged 10. So they need 5 adult passes (for the 4 between 25 and 59 and the 75 year old), one youth pass for the 21 year old and the free family card for the 10 year old.

Maggie

Annika
    7122 posts
    4 May 2016 at 15:22:12 #851570

You’re absolutely right Maggie! I interpreted this as 2 sons of 21 and 1 son of 15, but that’s obviously not what Saumya12 meant to say. Thanks for jumping in!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2016 at 15:47:48 #851571

Hi,

thanks for your prompt reply. This query was for my friend. However, I had taken my tickets earlier when Eurorail site was giving 30% discount on Swiss Travel Pass. I have not bought it from the site mentioned above.

i have received e ticket through mail, I hope that’s fine?

my tickets will work when I reach there?

tahnks

Annika
    7122 posts
    4 May 2016 at 17:48:23 #851572

Hi Saumya12,

Right, so you’ve used the RailEurope promotion. Your friends can still order through the website I mentioned, but they can check options for themselves through http://www.swisstravelpass.co m/prices.

I’m sure your e-mailed passes will be fine, as long as they show your names, passport numbers and validity dates. Do mind that you have to print them; showing them on a mobile device isn’t allowed. Also, carry along your passports, as train conductors may want to check the passport numbers mentioned on your passes.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass for elderly person above 70yrs’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.