Swiss Travel Pass or another rail pass?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Citizenlane
Citizenlane
2 posts
Jun 12, 2018 - 7:55 AM

Good morning

I will be travelling to Switzerland early July and am finding the options for train travel a little overwhelming. If I can give you an idea of my planned itinerary would someone be able to give me an idea of which pass would be most suitable? Thanks

2 adults, daughter who will be 20, Son 16.

We will be flying into Zurich and over a 7 day period will stay in Zurich, Lucerne and Wengen doing all the usual touristy things. Will travel by train(no car)

What would be my best option?

Many thanks

Citizenlane

Lucas
Lucas
9846 posts
expert &
Jun 12, 2018 - 1:00 PM in reply to Citizenlane

Hi Citizenlane and welcome to MySwissAlps!

An 8 day Swiss Travel Pass is the simplest option for you. Your children both qualify for a Youth version at a reduced cost. https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass

The only way to know the cheapest option of rail pass for you, you have to plan out all your trips each day (train, bus, boat, cable car). Then compare the prices for regular tickets to the rail pass price (and which routes/mountains are free or discounted). Once you have that information you can read our page here on how to choose the best rail pass. There is a spreadsheet there to help with the math. :)
https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses/practical/choosera ilpass

Citizenlane
Citizenlane
2 posts
Jun 12, 2018 - 4:20 PM in reply to Lucas

Thanks Lucas for the prompt reply.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018