Swiss Travel Pass in Lauterbrunnen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2017 at 14:14:47 #812504

When I try to get the cost of any train to or from Lauterbrunnen, which is where we are staying for 2 nights, the site always says that is not available now. Does the Swiss Travel Pass work in and around Lauterbrunnen or do I have to have the Jungfrau Travel Pass?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 July 2017 at 14:24:13 #866213

Hi SarasotaPaul,

The Swiss Travel Pass certainly works around Lauterbrunnen (see the map). I’m not sure where you tried to find train fares, but please give it another try at myswissalps.com/ timetable. If it does not work for you, please let us know which date/time/route you are looking for.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2017 at 19:15:00 #866214

If I want to pick up the Swiss Travel Pass at the airport, do I just pay there when we arrive?

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 July 2017 at 19:38:12 #866215

Hi SarasotaPaul,

Yes, you can visit the staffed ticket office of the airport train station and buy your pass there. It’s is more convenient to simply print your pass at home though. That way you can board your train straight away and save time. You can do so through http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass within 1-3 business days (usually less than one day), so you can print it at home. That allows you to skip the service desk and also you’ll have a backup (PDF file) in case you lose or damage the pass. Further purchase options are here: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2017 at 20:53:30 #866216

Thank you.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass in Lauterbrunnen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.