Swiss Travel Pass in Lauterbrunnen

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
SarasotaPaul
SarasotaPaul
19 posts
Jul 4, 2017 - 2:14 PM

When I try to get the cost of any train to or from Lauterbrunnen, which is where we are staying for 2 nights, the site always says that is not available now. Does the Swiss Travel Pass work in and around Lauterbrunnen or do I have to have the Jungfrau Travel Pass?

Arno
Arno
11279 posts
expert &
Jul 4, 2017 - 2:24 PM

Hi SarasotaPaul,

The Swiss Travel Pass certainly works around Lauterbrunnen (see the map). I'm not sure where you tried to find train fares, but please give it another try at myswissalps.com/ timetable. If it does not work for you, please let us know which date/time/route you are looking for.

SarasotaPaul
SarasotaPaul
19 posts
Jul 4, 2017 - 7:15 PM

If I want to pick up the Swiss Travel Pass at the airport, do I just pay there when we arrive?

Arno
Arno
11279 posts
expert &
Jul 4, 2017 - 7:38 PM in reply to SarasotaPaul

Hi SarasotaPaul,

Yes, you can visit the staffed ticket office of the airport train station and buy your pass there. It's is more convenient to simply print your pass at home though. That way you can board your train straight away and save time. You can do so through www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick "Online Ticket" from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass within 1-3 business days (usually less than one day), so you can print it at home. That allows you to skip the service desk and also you'll have a backup (PDF file) in case you lose or damage the pass. Further purchase options are here: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price.

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 11:50 AM by Arno
SarasotaPaul
SarasotaPaul
19 posts
Jul 4, 2017 - 8:53 PM

Thank you.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018