Swiss Travel Pass – issue with 2022 start date

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 July 2021 at 21:47:13 #825987

I was on the Swiss pass site and when I tried to enter a spring 2022 start date it wouldn’t let me. Seems their calendar stops at Dec 2021.

Any reason why?

Thanks,

Phil

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 July 2021 at 22:52:52 #935936

Disregard last. I see where you have to use the link for 2022 passes.

https://www.happyrail.com/en/pass/europe/switzerland/swiss-travel-pass-consecutive

Anna
    6376 posts
    30 July 2021 at 5:04:23 #935937

Hi harveyshot,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Glad you managed to sort it out.

Best regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 July 2021 at 17:50:13 #935938

Considering our short four day stay and we’ll be traveling by car, none of the passes will work out. The only time we’d be able to use it would be from Wilderswil to Schilthorn using public transportation (CHF 128.80 RT). I guess we could drive to Lauterbrunnen and park there (CHF 17/day?) to reduce the cost by a very little (CHF 108 RT). That would save the two of us a whopping CHF 23!

After that we’ll take the car train on our way to Tasch.

Anna
    6376 posts
    30 July 2021 at 19:46:14 #935939

Hi harveyshot,

There is a parking lot near the Schilthorn cable car station. The rate is CHF4 for the first 2 hours. Details here: schilthorn.ch/en/Infos/Arrival#

Other parking alternatives in Lauterbrunnen is the parking lot near the church.

As you will travelling with a car, you might want to consider getting the Swiss Half Fare Card if you plan to do a lot of mountain excursions.

Regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 July 2021 at 20:28:52 #935940

Hi Anna

Did not know about the other parking options, thank you. We’ll probably pay the CHF 128 just to ride the bus,train,cable car for the Wilderswil-Schilthorn via Grutschalp trip. After all, that’s why were visiting Switzerland, for the experience. The only other excursion we’ll be doing is Zermat/Gornergrat. Half fare may work out. I did the spreadsheet for our doomed trip last year and I think the half fare saved a little.

Just hoping they’ll stop the mask insanity by April. Covid is here to stay.

Phil

Annika
    7121 posts
    31 July 2021 at 5:52:02 #935941

Hi Phil!

Based on regular fares for

you’ll indeed save some money with the Swiss Half Fare Card. If you plan to do any extra side trips by public transportation, you’ll obviously save even more. I hope that this helps and that it saves you the effort of doing calculations again :-).

Bobaishford
    Participant
    19 posts
    1 August 2021 at 0:02:58 #935942

Hi,

I will be travelling to Switzerland for 12 days in May 2022. I am trying to buy the Swiss Rail pass today and take advantage of the 25% saving. I am in Canada and would like to pay with my Master Card and avoid the ING scanner payment method.

Can anyone help me please.

Thanks,

Bob

Annika
    7121 posts
    1 August 2021 at 4:33:10 #935943

Hi Bob and welcome to MySwissAlps.

You should be able to pick other payment methods if you use the drop-down list of payment options when ordering from https://www.happyrail.com/en/pass/europe/switzerland/swiss-travel-pass-consecutive. ING might be first in this list, but that doesn’t have to mean you have to use this one.

I hope it still works out for you. I’m not sure at what time in Canada the promotion ends (https://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/swiss-travel-pass-25-off-for-trips-in-20212022). If you have further questions about your order, please open a new thread. We’re happy to assist you there :-)!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass – issue with 2022 start date’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.