Oct 1, 2017 - 2:30 AM
in reply to btheilona
Hello Ilona and welcome to MySwissAlps,
Yes you can buy the Swiss Travel Pass at Zurich Airport. But most people find it more convenient to order on line for print-at-home electronic delivery. That way you avoid any queue at the Zurich Airport ticket shop. Buy on line at www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price
The Luzern to Interlaken Express is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. There is nothing additional to pay. You can check the map on this page www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity to see what is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass.
Please note that the cable car from Kriens to Pilatus will be closed for maintenance from 23 Oct to 10 Nov. You can still go up and back on the cogwheel train from Alpnachstad (which can be reached by boat or train) though and is free with the Swiss Travel Pass.
Check the SBB Timetable for connections. www.myswissalps.com/ti metable
Seeing you are going to Interlaken the following information compiled by Alpenros666 may also be relevant to your plans:
The following will be closed for the winter, or for maintenance:
- Grindelwald-First gondola - closed 23 October to 24 November
- Lauterbrunnen-Grütschalp cable car - closed 23 Oct to 3 Nov. Mürren will still be accessible via cable car from Stechelberg.
- Wengen to Männlichen cable car closed 23 Oct to 15 Dec
- Grindelwald to Männlichen gondola closed 23 Oct to 15 Dec
- Mürren to Allmendhubel funicular closed from 16 October
- Wilderswil to Schynige Platte train closed from 23 October
- Boat services on the Brienzersee (Lake Brienz) will not operate after 22 Oct, but there will be limited services on the Thunersee (Lake Thun).
Last modified on Oct 1, 2017 - 2:35 AM by rockoyster