Swiss Travel Pass – how to buy it & Golden Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 September 2017 at 19:47:36 #813397

Hi, I wanted to ask if I can buy Swiss Travel Pass on Oct 25th that’s valid for 3 days at Zurich airport? We arrive at 11am. Also, is it valid for Golden Line? We want to take the panoramatic train from Luzern to Interlaken so I want to ask if we will pay something extra. From what I understand, Pilatus is free with Swiss Travel Pass. Thanks! Ilona from Prague

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    1 October 2017 at 2:30:12 #870421

Hello Ilona and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Yes you can buy the Swiss Travel Pass at Zurich Airport. But most people find it more convenient to order on line for print-at-home electronic delivery. That way you avoid any queue at the Zurich Airport ticket shop. Buy on line at http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price

The Luzern to Interlaken Express is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. There is nothing additional to pay. You can check the map on this page http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity to see what is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass.

Please note that the cable car from Kriens to Pilatus will be closed for maintenance from 23 Oct to 10 Nov. You can still go up and back on the cogwheel train from Alpnachstad (which can be reached by boat or train) though and is free with the Swiss Travel Pass.

Check the SBB Timetable for connections. http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Seeing you are going to Interlaken the following information compiled by Alpenros666 may also be relevant to your plans:

Interlaken/Jungfrau Region

The following will be closed for the winter, or for maintenance:

• Grindelwald-First gondola – closed 23 October to 24 November
    • Lauterbrunnen-Grütschalp cable car – closed 23 Oct to 3 Nov. Mürren will still be accessible via cable car from Stechelberg.
    • Wengen to Männlichen cable car closed 23 Oct to 15 Dec
    • Grindelwald to Männlichen gondola closed 23 Oct to 15 Dec
    • Mürren to Allmendhubel funicular closed from 16 October
    • Wilderswil to Schynige Platte train closed from 23 October
    • Boat services on the Brienzersee (Lake Brienz) will not operate after 22 Oct, but there will be limited services on the Thunersee (Lake Thun).
  • The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass – how to buy it & Golden Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.