Swiss Travel Pass + mountain excursion discounts

• BrandonLee
    Participant
    1 post
    11 June 2021 at 12:38:08 #825850

When I’m buying the Swiss Travel Pass I’m also offered some Mountain Excursions discount tickets. Does the ticket to the Mountain must be in the same dates as the STP are valid or I can for example by a Pilatus ticket for one day before the start of my STP?

Example: Swiss Travel Pass valid starting June 29th and adding a discounted ticket to Pilatus for June 28th.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    11 June 2021 at 19:56:56 #935150

Hi BrandonLee,

Thank you for joining MySwissAlps!

The promotional ticket should come with an instruction on how to use it as well as the validity period. Please consult your ticket reseller for more accurate information.

Let us know if you need further information.

Regards,

Anna

Annika
    7124 posts
    12 June 2021 at 4:16:44 #935151

Hi BrandonLee! If you want to use your Swiss Travel Pass to buy discounted (mountain) tickets, you can only do so for the dates on which your Swiss Travel Pass is valid. So in your example: you can only use discounted tickets to Pilatus from June 29 and until your Swiss Travel Pass validity ends. You can find an explanation at http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/howtouse.

Trusted Swiss Travel Pass retailers are listed at http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/price.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass + mountain excursion discounts’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.