• PalB09
    Participant
    25 posts
    19 May 2023 at 20:17:36 #829875

Hi everyone,

Everywhere I find that Swiss Travel Pass covers these:

Cable car from Stechelberg to Mürren: free

Cable car from Mürren to Schilthorn: 50% off

But, I wanted to know, if I want to come down by the narrow gauge train from Mürren to Grütschalp, will that be covered too?

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6362 posts
    20 May 2023 at 5:22:06 #954546

Hi PalB09,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

Yes, the Swiss Travel Pass includes free travel on the cable car from Stechelberg to Mürren and the Grütschalp cableway + train from Lauterbrunnen to Mürren. The only ticket you need to purchase is the for the cable car ride from Mürren to Schilthorn (discounted with the Swiss Travel Pass). Information about tickets to Schilthorn is available here: http://www.myswissalps.com/schilthorn/tickets

You can view and download the Swiss Travel Pass validity map here: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/validity

Regards,

Anna

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    21 May 2023 at 10:24:57 #954547

Hi PalB09,

You may want to consider the hike from Grutschalp to Murren. It’s only about 1.5 hours (depending on photo stops, etc), has a full frontal view of the Eiger, the Monch, and the Jungfrau. It’s a beautiful hike/walk. Depending on when you’re going, (time of year) from Grutschalp

it is more scenic, than in the other direction. Either way, you’re going in a loop, but from Grutschalp to Murren, you have a great view along the way. Also, you can take the train if, again, it’s not the right season, and see the same beautiful scenery. Hope you have a great trip.

Regards

Danielsan

PalB09
    Participant
    25 posts
    22 May 2023 at 1:18:02 #954548

Hi Anna and Danielson,

Thank to both of you for sharing these information! Very helpful!

The hike sounds like an excellent option. It is also good to know that if time is limited, I can also take the train halfway through! Thanks once again!

Best,

Pallabi

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass: Mürren to Grütschalp’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.