Swiss Travel Pass or Eurail Pass for 2 weeks stay

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2017 at 10:02:37 #811826

Hello, I am a new member to this forum from Melbourne Australia. My Husband and I have enjoyed reading the various threads as we are planning a trip to Switzerland at about this time next year. We plan to spend about 2 weeks using the train system to travel around. From Switzerland we plan to travel by train to France and then across the channel to London. We are trying to decide whether a Swissrail Pass is the way to go, or a Eurail Pass that we could of course use in other countries. Or perhaps a combination of both. We realise that the Swiss Pass gives us many more benefits in Switzerland on cablecar side trips etc. My question is, if we had a Eurail Pass and used it to obtain a discount on the purchase of the Cable Car only ticket on a trip to Jungfraujoch for instance, would that count as one day of travel on the Pass. This is my first post, but may not be my last. Thanks in advance of a reply.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    15 May 2017 at 17:43:09 #863345

Welcome to MySwissAlps, strahandg!

For a two weeks exploration of Switzerland I’d recommend the 15 day Swiss Travel Pass over the Eurail Select Pass. The Swiss Travel Pass provides better discounts, especially in the Jungfrau region that also seems to be on your list.

Yes, in order to profit from any form of free traveling or discounts, you’ll have to use one of your Eurail Select Pass traveling days.

Does this answer your questions? Feel free to get back to us with further requests!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass or Eurail Pass for 2 weeks stay’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.