Swiss Travel Pass or Eurail Pass for 2 weeks stay

Swiss Travel Pass or Eurail Pass for 2 weeks stay

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
strahandg
strahandg
8 posts
May 15, 2017 - 10:02 AM

Hello, I am a new member to this forum from Melbourne Australia. My Husband and I have enjoyed reading the various threads as we are planning a trip to Switzerland at about this time next year. We plan to spend about 2 weeks using the train system to travel around. From Switzerland we plan to travel by train to France and then across the channel to London. We are trying to decide whether a Swissrail Pass is the way to go, or a Eurail Pass that we could of course use in other countries. Or perhaps a combination of both. We realise that the Swiss Pass gives us many more benefits in Switzerland on cablecar side trips etc. My question is, if we had a Eurail Pass and used it to obtain a discount on the purchase of the Cable Car only ticket on a trip to Jungfraujoch for instance, would that count as one day of travel on the Pass. This is my first post, but may not be my last. Thanks in advance of a reply.

Annika
Annika
4949 posts
expert &
May 15, 2017 - 5:43 PM

Welcome to MySwissAlps, strahandg!

For a two weeks exploration of Switzerland I'd recommend the 15 day Swiss Travel Pass over the Eurail Select Pass. The Swiss Travel Pass provides better discounts, especially in the Jungfrau region that also seems to be on your list.

Yes, in order to profit from any form of free traveling or discounts, you'll have to use one of your Eurail Select Pass traveling days.

Does this answer your questions? Feel free to get back to us with further requests!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018