Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Half Fare Card question

Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Half Fare Card question

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
winnie82
winnie82
1 post
Oct 4, 2017 - 7:06 AM

I have enquiries whether I should purchase a swiss travel pass, half fare etc?

And if there is any discounts with the travel passes for trips like Matterhorn and Jungfraujoch

Here is my itinerary for this month:

19: Salzburg to Zurich

20 : Zurich city (stay Zurich)

21: Zurich – Zermatt (stay Zermatt)

22 : Matterhorn (stay Zermatt)

23 : Zermatt to Interlaken (stay Interlaken)

24 : Day trip Jungfraujoch (stay Interlaken)

25 : Interlaken to Milan (Stay Milan)

Can you let me know which pass I should take?

We have 4 ppl travelling from Malaysia.

Lucas
Lucas
3375 posts
expert &
Oct 4, 2017 - 8:47 AM in reply to winnie82

Hi Winnie82,

You will have to do the math on the two passes and your planned trips to know the most economical option for you. See you page: How to choose the best rail pass for help with this.

I would probably lean to the Swiss Travel Pass for 8 days as it limits your need to buy any other tickets for most trips (easier!).

Also note there is no trip to the Matterhorn itself. You can visit nearby peaks to get better views though - Gornergrat and Klein Matterhorn.

I might try and change your itinerary to end the trip in Zermatt. You will be back-tracking a little but if you go from Zurich to Zermatt to Interlaken to Milan. Although train times to Milan are similar from both towns. Use the Swiss railways timetable here to plan out your train trips.

Last modified on Oct 4, 2017 - 8:49 AM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017