Swiss Travel Pass or rent a car for my trip?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2018 at 8:47:05 #815543

Hi,

me and my husband are going to switzerland on June 2018, our itinerary are as follow :

5 june: zurich to bern

6 – 7 june: interlaken

7- 9 june: grindelwald (mt first) and jungfraujoch

9-11 june: lucerne ( mt titlis)

11-12 june: zurich

Based on my itinerary above, kindly advise which is more cost-and-time efficient – to buy a swiss pass or to rent a car?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2018 at 9:04:37 #883319

Hi Ocha88 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

In order to know how economical a Swiss Travel Pass is for your itinerary you’ll need to find prices for all your planned trips in Switzerland and do the math to compare to the rental car cost.

We have a page here to help: https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses/practical/choosera ilpass

In Switzerland, 9/10 times I would say the train is more convenient and efficient. No need to pay for parking or gas (high costs) and you have to take trains or cable cars into the mountains anyway. The Swiss Travel Pass covers some for free and gives discounts on others. You can read what is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass here.

The page http://www.myswissalps.com/ca rversustrain is useful too.

LeVoyageur
    Participant
    58 posts
    26 April 2018 at 13:46:54 #883320

Train! For sure!

So convenient, close to everything, gives you the ability to use other means of transportation (depending on the pass you chose) and most importantly not to search for expensive parking! By experience, you will definitely visit more with a train pass… Even with a car, you will more than likely need one anyway!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass or rent a car for my trip?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.