Swiss Travel Pass or STP Flex for trip in July

• RoddyLee1
    Participant
    19 posts
    2 July 2022 at 1:50:01 #827661

Good Morning

We are arriving in Zurich Jul 7

Depart for Grindelwald on July 8 staying there 3 nights and want to do the entire Jungfrau region from there.

Depart Grindelwald to Lucerne on 11th for 2 nights

Lucerne to Bernina express to Lugano.

Should we get the Swiss pass 6 days? OR

Flex Pass, and do we need the Jungrau region tickets.

(I have purchased our tickets on the Bernina express.)

Thank you,

Robin

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6274 posts
    2 July 2022 at 7:16:03 #943863

Hi RoddyLee1,

Based on your plans, I would stick with the 6.day Swiss Travel Pass.

The Swiss Travel Pass is also valid in the Jungfrau region, providing free use of public transport and offering up to 50% discounts on mountain transportation (e.g. cable cars, gondolas). These discounted tickets have to be arranged before each trip. If you want to avoid buying tickets for each mountain excursion, you might want to think about getting a 3-day Jungfrau Travel Pass. It’s worth buying the JTP if you plan to do a lot of mountain excursions. Have a look at the JTP validity map here: http://www.myswissalps.com/jungfrautravelpass/validity

Be sure to check this out for tips on how to choose the best railpass: http://www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anna

fionatravel
    Participant
    88 posts
    4 July 2022 at 13:24:04 #943864

I am encountering the similar issue as my travel says is 20 days ! So what have you decided and did it work out for you ?

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass or STP Flex for trip in July’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.