Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Half Fare Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2018 at 8:49:01 #815421

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I will be travelling on Switzerland on this coming May. I’m still consider to buy Swiss travel pass or Half Fare pass.

We will stay at Switzerland for 15 days. Could anyone please advise? I have go through the map of Swiss Travel Pass but it seem like complicated.

1) Do I need to purchase any ticket before departure if i have Swiss travel pass? Can I hop on the train without any ticket? (Expect Panoramic train)

2) Does Swiss travel pass cover Mount Titlis? The official web page state that it is not included.

22.5.2018 – Salzburg to Lucerne

25.5.2018 – Lucerne to Interlaken

28.5.2018 – Interlaken Ost to Grindelwald

1.6.2018 – Grindelwald to Montreaux

2.6.2018 – Montreaux to Zermatt

4.6.2018 – Zermatt to St Moritz

5.6.2018 – St Moritz to Tirano

Tirano to Milan

Place going to visit:

Mount Titlis

Mount Rigi

Pilatus

Jungfraujoch

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2018 at 18:39:50 #882682

Hi Kentwong27 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. Use the validity page on our site for the Swiss Travel Pass. Any attraction noted as discounted (several mountains etc.) will require buying a ticket before hoping on the train. Panoramic trains are fully covered but you must make a reservation at an extra cost.
    2. It covers 50% between Engelberg and Titlis, as noted on the STP link above
    3. To know which pass is the best for your specific itinerary you need to plan out all trips you will make (train, bus, boat, cable car) and compare the prices for regular tickets to the rail pass price (and which routes/mountains are free or discounted). Once you have that information you can read our page here on how to choose the best rail pass. There is a spreadsheet there to help with the math. 🙂
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2018 at 0:46:18 #882683

Hi Lucas,

Thank you so much! The excel sheet is useful!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2018 at 2:35:06 #882684

>> Does Swiss travel pass cover Mount Titlis? The official web page state that it is not included.

The statement about no discounts with the Swiss Travel Pass etc only applies to the Chair lift Ice Flyer, an optional activity at the top, not to the gondolas up to and back from Titlis.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2018 at 8:36:31 #882685

Hi Alpenrose,

I just noticed that no discount for Chair lift Ice Flyer. Thank you.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Half Fare Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.