Swiss Travel Pass price increase 2024

• Arno
    15479 posts
    15 May 2023 at 6:14:08 #829847

Hello travelers,

The price of Swiss Travel Passes will be slightly higher in 2024.

Swiss Travel Pass prices 2023 vs 2024

• 3 days: CHF 232 vs 244 (2nd class), CHF 369 vs 389 (1st class)
    • 4 days: CHF 281 vs 295 (2nd class), CHF 447 vs 469 (1st class)
    • 6 days: CHF 359 vs 379 (2nd class), CHF 570 vs 602 (1st class)
    • 8 days: CHF 389 vs 419 (2nd class), CHF 617 vs 665 (1st class)
    • 15 days: CHF 429 vs 459 (2nd class), CHF 675 vs 723 (1st class)

More price information: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/price.

Swiss Travel Pass Flex prices 2023 vs 2024

• 3 days: CHF 267 vs 279 (2nd class), CHF 424 vs 445 (1st class)
    • 4 days: CHF 323 vs 339 (2nd class), CHF 514 vs 539 (1st class)
    • 6 days: CHF 384 vs 405 (2nd class), CHF 610 vs 644 (1st class)
    • 8 days: CHF 409 vs 439 (2nd class), CHF 649 vs 697 (1st class)
    • 15 days: CHF 449 vs 479 (2nd class), CHF 706 vs 755 (1st class)

More price information: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpassflex/price.

Will the coverage change in 2024?

I don’t expect many changes. We’ll update our Swiss Travel Pass page accordingly by the end of 2023: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/validity

Can I avoid the higher price by buying my pass in 2023?

Most web shops will charge the new price if you pick a pass start date in 2024. You can try the various web shops listed here: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/price. Note that many of them will not start selling passes for 2024 until the end of 2023.

What about the price of the Swiss Half Fare Card in 2024?

The Swiss Half Fare Card will still cost CHF 120 in 2024. More price information: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisshalffarecard/price.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

traveljet
    Participant
    387 posts
    21 May 2023 at 12:13:46 #954436

Hi Arno,

Thanks for the information in advance. Wow prices are going up indeed. We are headed for our trip next month June and have decided to return for the christmas markets in Nov/Dec end of this year. So no travels next year when the prices go up for the Travel Passes.

Can you imagine, when we booked our Premium Economy air tickets on SIA for this June last Dec 2022, the price was around CHF1,400. When I checked again out of curiosity, it ballooned to CHF2,649 and now it’s sold out even at those prices.

It’s a very long 12hr flight and I usually don’t sleep well on the plane. So hopefully this time round, we will have a better rest. Having reached this stage of our lives, we can afford to spoil ourselves a little for our trip to Switzerland. It’s our major trip out of Singapore since Covid restrictions.

We decided this end Nov/Dec to visit the Swiss christmas markets for a change as we have not done any in Europe. Thankfully no price increase for the passes this year.

I believe the christmas markets in Germany and Austria may even be better. However, we are so used to the Swiss transport system and most important, the safety of the place (without taking it for granted), we feel safer with the Swiss markets as it’s only two of us retirees travelling on our own. Our doctor almost got mugged in Berlin – thankfully he knows martial arts and managed to escape.

Just two more weeks and we will be saying hello to Switzerland. Hope the sun comes out more as I noticed it’s been raining quite a bit.

Thanks again for always being there to update us travellers. You guys are doing a better job than the official tourist sites – all the amazing information and assistance for travellers.🤗

Arno
    15479 posts
    23 May 2023 at 15:01:00 #954437

Thanks for your kind words traveljet! We’re happy to be of help.

So you’ll be enjoying two trips to Switzerland this year? That’s great! I hope both of them turn out to be wonderful experiences. You’ll probably counting the days until the first one. Yes, fingers crossed for good weather. The upside of the (past) rain is that nature in Switzerland really needed some moisture :-).

traveljet
    Participant
    387 posts
    24 May 2023 at 1:26:59 #954438

Hi Arno, yes we have planned for two trips to picture postcard Switzerland this year. Counting down to the 1st one on 4 June soon.

Just wish the departure to Meiringen from Zurich airport was more straight forward via Luzern. There’s a slight change due to construction works so we will likely have to go to Olten then Luzern to Meiringen.. The route that leaves every 00:48 by the hr. We bought the Pt to Pt for this particular segment (with Half Fare card). Hopefully the platform transfer at Olten is easily done with our larger suitcases.. Never been to the Olten station before and looking at the map, I can’t tell whether we need to take the stairs/escalator from platform 4 to 12.

There is an alternative where we change at Zur HB (doable from plat 11 to 9) to Arth Goldau before reaching Luzern and Meiringen.. But the platform change is from 3 to 6 within 4 mins which seems pretty rushed with our suitcases. Have also not been to Arth Goldau station.

Any advice is appreciated on the platform changes at Olten or Arth Goldau.

Grateful to sbb – I made some errors when booking our Half Fare and the Saver Day (for 20 June). Thankfully sbb was very understanding when I made an error on the start date of the Half Fare Card and cancelled the Saver Day Pass by mistake. Initially they rejected the request for a refund, but they were so kind to reconsider after my explanation (normally there is no refund on the Saver Day but they did it as a one time gesture). Then I repurchased the Half fare card and Saver Day (for 20 June from Wengen to Winterthur).

The other days we will use the BO Pass & Jungfrau Travel Pass.

Both rain and sunshine is needed to keep everything green and beautiful so we hope there’s a good mix this year without extremes.

Yolanda
    2311 posts
    24 May 2023 at 9:47:34 #954439

Hi traveljet,

The Swiss timetable (https://www.myswissalps.com/timetable ) is designed to ensure smooth transitions and displays train and platform changes that are doable.

You can search for the respective station maps via this link:

I’ve not been to Olten train station but from the map, the platforms appear to be connected via stairs and ramps. From memory Arth-Goldau was not that big, also served by stairs and ramps.

Glad to hear all worked out with your refund 🙂

Should there be further questions, be grateful if you open up a new post/thread as this one is for the Swiss Travel Pass and the pricing for 2024.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

traveljet
    Participant
    387 posts
    28 May 2023 at 3:11:29 #954440

Hi Yolanda and admin,

My apologies – as this thread is for the Swiss Travel Pass pricing for 2024, please go ahead and remove all or any of my posts on this page. I will open a new thread if needed. Thanks.

Sweyne
    Participant
    57 posts
    27 June 2023 at 12:12:15 #954441

Many thanks for the info re 2024 prices. Any news of increases on the Berner Oberland Pass for 2024?

Yolanda
    2311 posts
    28 June 2023 at 4:35:16 #954442

Hi Sweyne,

So far, we are not aware of any price changes for the Berner Oberland Pass in 2024. If there are any updates, they will be posted here on the forum.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass price increase 2024’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.