Swiss Travel Pass pricing

• sofi
    Participant
    2 posts
    25 October 2022 at 10:48:25 #828550

FFirst I must thank Arno and the team for the great work that you do.

It has helped me so much over the years on my travels to the beautiful Swiss Alps.

I decided to purchase the 15 day Swiss Travel Pass as it does not look like any further offers will come before my Christmas and New Year visit.

As I will be arriving at Geneva Airport and travelling to Wengen,Grindelwald,Tasch for Zermatt,Stansstad for Titlis and finally Stoos before returning to Spain from Basel.

The Pass is the most convenient way to travel as well as the discounts on the mountain rides.

I am looking forward to walking on the prepared paths in the snow.

I used Happy Rail through your site as I have before and got an immediate reply with my Pass to print out.

I would just like to comment that for the 429 Swiss francs I was charged 432 euros as it is a poor exchange rate at this time

Klook were asking 430 euros but SBB CFF FFS wanted 462 euros for the same ticket !

I know you have no control over this but I would to point it out for others to check before booking.

Keep up your valuable work,

Best Regards,

Sofi

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6279 posts
    25 October 2022 at 11:01:06 #947956

Hi Sofi,

Welcome to MySwissAlps and thank you for your kind words.

Thank you also for highlighting this important information. Indeed MySwissAlps have no control over the pricing of the Swiss Travel Pass. Each reseller can offer their own terms and conditions, and prices also depend on the current exchange rate. Travellers are advised to do research and compare the offers before making any decision.

More info about purchasing the Swiss Travel Pass online here: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/price

Regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 October 2022 at 22:43:13 #947957

I looked on SBB CFF FFS and got the CHF 429, so SBB were not charging more than the resellers – I’m not sure why you found that SBB was more expensive.

sofi
    Participant
    2 posts
    26 October 2022 at 3:31:13 #947958

In reply to 1960man of course they are charging CHF 429 but in the top right hand side of their Web page there is an option for language and currency. I live in Spain so I chose euros and still find 462 comes up !

Arno
    15471 posts
    27 October 2022 at 5:51:02 #947959

Hi sofi,

Indeed, resellers each have their own terms, conditions and pricings. HappyRail is often a bit more affordable than some other resellers. I agree that the current EUR pricing of Switzerland Travel Center/SBB is higher than usual. Paying in Swiss francs might have helped, but that’s not relevant to you since you’ve already have your pass.

Thanks for the heads-up, and good to hear you’re all set for your winter journey :-)!

For other readers interested in how the pass pricings work, this information might be of interest: http://www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/wheretobuy.

Balaji_pitch
    Participant
    29 posts
    28 October 2022 at 4:48:52 #947960

thanks for the important info in this thread, I am on the same case as well and is there any chance for any winter promotion for STP before 25th December based on past years?

Anna
    6279 posts
    29 October 2022 at 15:24:40 #947961

Hi Balaji pitch,

There was a promotion on the 4-day Swiss Travel Pass recently. I’m not aware of any new promotion at the moment.

Regards,

Anna

Arno
    15471 posts
    31 October 2022 at 11:10:31 #947962

Hi Balaji pitch,

We’re not aware of a new promotion any time soon. But if there is a new one, we’ll inform our members through this forum and our newsletter. You’ll also see discounts at http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/promotions.

Note that the current promotion for the 4-day rail pass is still available today. You can use it for your December/January trip: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/promotions.

Balaji_pitch
    Participant
    29 posts
    31 October 2022 at 11:19:37 #947963

Thanks a lot Arno. As my trip is over 11 days in total, I was considering the other option of half fare trial + 3 * 4 day passes 04 2*4 day passes and cover the days in Interlaken through other ways if possible. Tried to do the excel calculations but not able to see clear picture. Alternative is just wait and go for 15days STP finally. Many thanks for all your support to take of our doubts and clarifications.

Annika
    7104 posts
    1 November 2022 at 10:19:21 #947964

I see Balaja pitch. I think you’ll save good money with either choice. If your calculations don’t come up with a huge price differences between the several options, I’d advise the Swiss Travel Pass. Just to illustrate: a 15-day Swiss Travel Pass in 2nd class comes down to CHF 29 per day, which is cheap to Swiss standards (see http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/price). Even if you’d bring it down to your 11 days of travel, this would CHF 39 per day, which is still very good value. And it’s an easy solution that will cover all of your days. I hope you’ll find the option that works best for you!

Balaji_pitch
    Participant
    29 posts
    1 November 2022 at 12:00:17 #947965

Agreed and will do.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass pricing’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.