Swiss Travel Pass print out vs card

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Jyotisanghvi
Jyotisanghvi
4 posts
Jun 25, 2018 - 7:53 AM

I have purchased a Swiss travel pass for 4 days online through SBB. I have received the pass by email. However with less than 10 days between purchase and my travel dates, there’s no time for me to receive the “CARD”

Will I be able to travel by showing printouts or the ticket saved as pdf on my I pad ?

Do I need to validate this ticket before my first travel when all the relevant details are printed on the ticket

Thank u

Arno
Arno
12131 posts
expert &
Jun 25, 2018 - 8:04 AM

Hi Jyotisanghvi,

I assume you've ordered via the SBB web shop at https://shop.switzerla ndtravelcentre.com/#/e n/home and picked the "Print@Home" shipping option. If so, then you've received the actual pass. You only need to print it and that's all (showing it on your iPad is not allowed). There won't be a physical card, and you don't need to validate anything. Just board the train with your printout and your passport.

Have a good trip!

Last modified on Jun 25, 2018 - 8:05 AM by Arno
pvonk
pvonk
65 posts
Jun 25, 2018 - 7:26 PM

And be sure to print out 2 copies, in case one is lost or stolen.

o2bmmw
o2bmmw
11 posts
Jun 26, 2018 - 2:55 AM

Thanks for this thread. Are you required to present your passport with the pass?

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jun 26, 2018 - 4:31 AM in reply to o2bmmw

>> Thanks for this thread. Are you required to present your passport with the pass?

Conductors will not ask to see your passport on every trip. In 7 weeks of daily travel in 2016, I had to produce my passport only 3 or 4 times. However, if they do ask to see it, and you don't have it, you are regarded as travelling without a valid ticket.

Alpenrose

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019