Swiss Travel Pass print out vs card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2018 at 7:53:44 #816880

I have purchased a Swiss travel pass for 4 days online through SBB. I have received the pass by email. However with less than 10 days between purchase and my travel dates, there’s no time for me to receive the “CARD”

Will I be able to travel by showing printouts or the ticket saved as pdf on my I pad ?

Do I need to validate this ticket before my first travel when all the relevant details are printed on the ticket

Thank u

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    25 June 2018 at 8:04:06 #889396

Hi Jyotisanghvi,

I assume you’ve ordered via the SBB web shop at https://shop.switzerla ndtravelcentre.com/#/e n/home and picked the “Print@Home” shipping option. If so, then you’ve received the actual pass. You only need to print it and that’s all (showing it on your iPad is not allowed). There won’t be a physical card, and you don’t need to validate anything. Just board the train with your printout and your passport.

Have a good trip!

pvonk
    Participant
    378 posts
    25 June 2018 at 19:26:17 #889397

And be sure to print out 2 copies, in case one is lost or stolen.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2018 at 2:55:00 #889398

Thanks for this thread. Are you required to present your passport with the pass?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2018 at 4:31:39 #889399

>> Thanks for this thread. Are you required to present your passport with the pass?

Conductors will not ask to see your passport on every trip. In 7 weeks of daily travel in 2016, I had to produce my passport only 3 or 4 times. However, if they do ask to see it, and you don’t have it, you are regarded as travelling without a valid ticket.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass print out vs card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.