Swiss Travel Pass print out vs card

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Jyotisanghvi
Jyotisanghvi
4 posts
Jun 25, 2018 - 7:53 AM

I have purchased a Swiss travel pass for 4 days online through SBB. I have received the pass by email. However with less than 10 days between purchase and my travel dates, there’s no time for me to receive the “CARD”

Will I be able to travel by showing printouts or the ticket saved as pdf on my I pad ?

Do I need to validate this ticket before my first travel when all the relevant details are printed on the ticket

Thank u

Arno
Arno
11356 posts
expert &
Jun 25, 2018 - 8:04 AM

Hi Jyotisanghvi,

I assume you've ordered via the SBB web shop at https://shop.switzerla ndtravelcentre.com/#/e n/home and picked the "Print@Home" shipping option. If so, then you've received the actual pass. You only need to print it and that's all (showing it on your iPad is not allowed). There won't be a physical card, and you don't need to validate anything. Just board the train with your printout and your passport.

Have a good trip!

Last modified on Jun 25, 2018 - 8:05 AM by Arno
pvonk
pvonk
60 posts
Jun 25, 2018 - 7:26 PM

And be sure to print out 2 copies, in case one is lost or stolen.

o2bmmw
o2bmmw
11 posts
Jun 26, 2018 - 2:55 AM

Thanks for this thread. Are you required to present your passport with the pass?

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jun 26, 2018 - 4:31 AM in reply to o2bmmw

>> Thanks for this thread. Are you required to present your passport with the pass?

Conductors will not ask to see your passport on every trip. In 7 weeks of daily travel in 2016, I had to produce my passport only 3 or 4 times. However, if they do ask to see it, and you don't have it, you are regarded as travelling without a valid ticket.

Alpenrose

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018