Swiss Travel Pass questions and coverage area

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2018 at 18:24:12 #817105

HI There !!

This is Aman from India. I would be traveling to Switzerland with my wife from 30 July to 2 Aug with following plan. Request for your suggestions on the following datewise queries.

1. 30 Jul – Zurich around 12’o clock. Want to do sight seeing activity at Zurich. May pls suggest few never miss options for total 6 hrs visiting time. In the eve, we would be travelling to Luzern. Is this travel is covered in Swiss Travel Pass. Do we need any reservation?

2. 31 Jul – Luzern to Mt. Titlis. Is this covered in Swiss Travel Pass. Do we need any reservation for this trip. Remaining time for Luzern Sight Seeing. On 31 eve, we will move from Luzern to Interlaken. Is this trip included in STP.

3. 01 Aug – Wilderswil (Interlaken) to Jungfrau. Is this covered in STP. Do we need reservation. Afternoon, back from Jungfrau and look for local sightseeing.

4. 02 Aug – Back to Zurich in afternoon for flight to Amsterdam. IS this covered in STP and Do we need reservation.

5. Metro train from Zurich airport to Zurich main railway station is covered in STP?

6. Looking at my itinerary mentioned above, is it advisable to procure STP. Pls suggest.

Cheers !!

Aman

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2018 at 7:29:50 #890341

Hi Aman and welcome to MySwissAlps!

See our Lucerne and Zurich activity recommendations here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/zurich/activitie s.
    https://www.myswissalp s.com/lucerne/activiti es

To see if a trip by train to a town or mountain is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass, look here:: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass

Reservations are not required on any of the trips you are looking at. You can just hop an your train and go if you buy the Swiss Travel Pass.

It seems like the Swiss Travel Pass for 4 days would work best for you yes.

It would be more convenient to buy the Swiss Travel Pass online. It can be emailed to you and printed at home (saving you time at the airport and giving you a copy to print out again in case you lose your pass).

https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ price

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2018 at 18:19:07 #890342

Thanks Lucas for your response.

May pls inform whether Metro train from Zurich airport to Zurich main railway station is covered in STP.

Cheers !!

Aman

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2018 at 5:59:15 #890343

Hi Aman,

>> May pls inform whether Metro train from Zurich airport to Zurich main railway station is covered in STP.

Yes, it is, but it would not be cost effective to use it for that short, inexpensive trip unless you were also doing a longer trip outside Zürich on the same day.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2018 at 7:26:37 #890344

Hi Aman,

Open my link for the Swiss Travel Pass on my last post and click on “where it’s valid” to see what routes are covered fully or not.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 July 2018 at 5:34:01 #890345

Thanks Alpenrose666. I certainly have the many visits out from Zurich to Lucern, Interlaken and back to Zurich. I think it would be beneficial in that regard.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 July 2018 at 5:35:28 #890346

Thanks Lucas.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass questions and coverage area’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.