Swiss Travel Pass specials (discounts)

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 March 2020 at 8:52:43 #825472

Good evening all from Australia and I hope you are all staying safe in the current situation.

My question regarding the Swiss Travel Pass may be very difficult to answer but I was wondering if you have any experience regarding discounts and specials when purchasing the STP.

WE wife and I are due to fly from Australia to Zurich on the 28th August 2020 where we will require a Swiss Travel Pass for 5 days in total. Currently a special is being run until the end of March where Australian residents can purchase a 4 day STP and receive one day free which is exactly what we need. I have read on the terms of buying a STP on a special/discount eliminates the possibility of a refund if you cancel it for any reason where as the full price ticket which we would need to purchase for 8 days would allow us to get a refund but on a first class ticket that is around $800 Australian dollars extra. I’m not a big gambler but was considering purchasing the 4 day special with the bonus extra day for free in the hope that we will be able to travel on the 28th August.

My question is do you know if specials for the Swiss Travel Pass are a common thing which I could wait and see if another offer is forthcoming shortly or are specials/discounts rare.

Thank you for any advise and again I hope you are all safe and healthy.

Regards Mike.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass specials (discounts)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.