Jul 17, 2021 - 4:37 PM
in reply to Ricky121
Thank you your queries about the Swiss Travel Pass.
1. The Swiss Travel Pass is valid on all scenic trains including the Golden Pass trains. Seat reservations on the Golden Pass is not required but recommended on selected popular routes. You can find details here: www.myswissalps.com/goldenpass/tickets
Seat reservations are required on the Glacier Express, Bernina Express and Gotthard Panorama Express.
2. If you don't have seat reservations on the panoramic trains, you won't be allowed to board the trains. However it may be possible to reserve seats over the counter at the ticket office if there are seats available. Alternatively, you can travel without seat reservations on the regular trains on the same route.
3. Seats reservations on regular trains, bus, trams or boats are not required as explained here: www.myswissalps.com/train/reservations
4. I am not aware of any regulations that require you to show your passport or ID in order to reserve seats or purchase tickets to a park or attraction. You may be asked to show your passport however along with your Swiss Travel Pass during random checks on trains.
5. If you buy a Swiss Travel Pass together with the Jungfraujoch promotion, you will get the a digital Swiss Coupon Pass for free. For your information, if you buy the Swiss Travel Pass between 1 July and 31 July, you'll enjoy a 25% discounts and other benefits. Please check out the promotion here: www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/promotions
6. You can store your luggage at the train stations for a fee, as mentioned by Schroffchetan. This is explained here:www.myswissalps.com/train/practical/luggage
Hope this gets you started on your trip planning.
Last modified on Jul 18, 2021 - 5:26 PM by Annika