Swiss Travel Pass terms & conditions

• Ricky121
    Participant
    10 posts
    17 July 2021 at 13:02:20 #825942

Hi! M belongs from India. I’m planning to visit Switzerland, when the covid pandemic leave off from us. I love Switzerland. Actually i never went there but i will definitely go there one day. That is why i have a few queries in here. Which i have mentioned below :- 1. If i would book a swiss pass then, is it compulsory to book seat reservation on Golden pass train. If “yes” then does same policy applicable in all scenic train of Switzerland?

2. If i forgot to book seat reservation then should i have to pay penalty?

3. Is seat reservation is mandatory in public bus transport also?

4. At the last moment, can i able to book seat reservation & enry ticket of park, attraction etc by soft copy of passport along with valid id? 5. Anyone have swiss travel pass then is it compulsory to book swiss rail pass separatelty for get discount coupon? 5. Can i kept on my luggage at railway station & public bus station for a few hour? Is locker fee included in swiss travel pass?

Kindly let me know. Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Shroffchetan
    Participant
    255 posts
    17 July 2021 at 15:48:50 #935737

As a general rule reservation is not compulsory in Swiss public transport but few scenic trains require and you can check Swiss Railways website for this information

For luggage storage there is facility but it is chargeable

Ricky121
    Participant
    10 posts
    17 July 2021 at 16:11:12 #935738

Thanks a lot for your suggest.

Anna
    6382 posts
    17 July 2021 at 16:37:44 #935739

Hi Ricky121,

Thank you your queries about the Swiss Travel Pass.

1. The Swiss Travel Pass is valid on all scenic trains including the Golden Pass trains. Seat reservations on the Golden Pass is not required but recommended on selected popular routes. You can find details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/goldenpass/tickets

Seat reservations are required on the Glacier Express, Bernina Express and Gotthard Panorama Express.

2. If you don’t have seat reservations on the panoramic trains, you won’t be allowed to board the trains. However it may be possible to reserve seats over the counter at the ticket office if there are seats available. Alternatively, you can travel without seat reservations on the regular trains on the same route.

3. Seats reservations on regular trains, bus, trams or boats are not required as explained here: http://www.myswissalps.com/train/reservations

4. I am not aware of any regulations that require you to show your passport or ID in order to reserve seats or purchase tickets to a park or attraction. You may be asked to show your passport however along with your Swiss Travel Pass during random checks on trains.

5. If you buy a Swiss Travel Pass together with the Jungfraujoch promotion, you will get the a digital Swiss Coupon Pass for free. For your information, if you buy the Swiss Travel Pass between 1 July and 31 July, you’ll enjoy a 25% discounts and other benefits. Please check out the promotion here: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/promotions

6. You can store your luggage at the train stations for a fee, as mentioned by Schroffchetan. This is explained here:http://www.myswissalps.com/train/practical/luggage

Hope this gets you started on your trip planning.

Regards,

Anna

Ricky121
    Participant
    10 posts
    17 July 2021 at 17:14:52 #935740

Thanks a lot that you took time for me to give a response. This information will help me a lot in future, when i go there. At the last stay safe and take care yours.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass terms & conditions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.