Discount on TGV Lyria with Swiss Travel Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2017 at 19:52:04 #811589

This site has been of immense help!! I have some doubts though. Travelling to Europe (7 days Switzerland and 6 days Paris) Planning to visit Lucerne, Interlaken, Lausanne, Montreux and Zermatt. Which pass would be best suited for me? We are a family of four people. We are planning to take TGV Lyria from Lausanne to Paris. Would we get a discounted fares if we buy a rail pass? If yes, on which pass and how can we avail this discount? Thanks for your help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 April 2017 at 7:38:47 #862426

Hi vartika31,

Welcome to MySwissAlps, and good to hear our website has been helpful! An 8-day Swiss Travel Pass seems to make sense to me for a 7-day trip, visiting various parts of Switzerland.

Your trip from Lausanne to Paris is partly in Switzerland (covered by the pass) and partly in France (not covered). How to deal with this is explained under “Traveling beyond the area covered by the pass” on myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/howtouse. In your case you can buy a regular ticket from Vallorbe (the border) to Paris. You can board the train in Lausanne though, as the Swiss Travel Pass covers the part up to Vallorbe. Alternatively some websites offer one ticket for the entire trip from Lausanne to Paris but you will not pay for the Swiss part as a Swiss Travel Pass holder. In your case (living in India) you can check http://www.raileurope.co.in#t ab3. More ticket retailers are listed here: myswissalps.com/traint ickets/france/price.

• The thread ‘Discount on TGV Lyria with Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.