Discount on TGV Lyria with Swiss Travel Pass?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
vartika31
vartika31
17 posts
Apr 28, 2017 - 7:52 PM

This site has been of immense help!! I have some doubts though. Travelling to Europe (7 days Switzerland and 6 days Paris) Planning to visit Lucerne, Interlaken, Lausanne, Montreux and Zermatt. Which pass would be best suited for me? We are a family of four people. We are planning to take TGV Lyria from Lausanne to Paris. Would we get a discounted fares if we buy a rail pass? If yes, on which pass and how can we avail this discount? Thanks for your help.

Arno
Arno
11364 posts
expert &
Apr 29, 2017 - 7:38 AM

Hi vartika31,

Welcome to MySwissAlps, and good to hear our website has been helpful! An 8-day Swiss Travel Pass seems to make sense to me for a 7-day trip, visiting various parts of Switzerland.

Your trip from Lausanne to Paris is partly in Switzerland (covered by the pass) and partly in France (not covered). How to deal with this is explained under "Traveling beyond the area covered by the pass" on myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/howtouse. In your case you can buy a regular ticket from Vallorbe (the border) to Paris. You can board the train in Lausanne though, as the Swiss Travel Pass covers the part up to Vallorbe. Alternatively some websites offer one ticket for the entire trip from Lausanne to Paris but you will not pay for the Swiss part as a Swiss Travel Pass holder. In your case (living in India) you can check www.raileurope.co.in#t ab3. More ticket retailers are listed here: myswissalps.com/traint ickets/france/price.

Last modified on Oct 27, 2017 - 4:08 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018