Swiss Travel Pass - did not receive child pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Isha
Isha
11 posts
May 19, 2018 - 2:30 PM

Hi,

we we bought a Swiss travel pass for myself my husband and my 4 year old son through the website happyrail.com. While buying the pass I selected the 0-15 year option and the website asked me to fill details like the nationality birth date and passport no of my son. However, the pass they sent us through the email only has myself and my husband’s name. Is it the normal procedure. I have already written to them thrice since yesterday morning and they haven’t responded back. Will my son be able to travel with us? Do I need to get the pass rectified? If yes, what would be the procedure for the same. Our pass is getting activated tomorrow so need urgent help pls.

Thanks,

Isha

Arno
Arno
11262 posts
expert &
May 19, 2018 - 5:57 PM

Hi Isha,

It sounds like you received Swiss Travel Passes for 2 adults, which is correct. A 4 year old does not require any pass or ticket, so you are good to go. Only children between 6 and 15 need a free Swiss Family Card, but I guess they did not send you one because you don't need it. You do need passports on you at all times so you can prove you're the parents of the child, and his birth date.

It's weekend now and Monday is a holiday, so they may not get back to you until Tuesday. All of this sounds ok though. In case of any doubt you can show your passes at any staffed train station in Switzerland to verify it's fine.

Enjoy your trip!

Last modified on May 19, 2018 - 5:59 PM by Arno
Isha
Isha
11 posts
May 19, 2018 - 8:55 PM

Thank you Arno for your quick revert :)

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018