Swiss Travel Pass – did not receive child pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2018 at 14:30:32 #816098

Hi,

we we bought a Swiss travel pass for myself my husband and my 4 year old son through the website happyrail.com. While buying the pass I selected the 0-15 year option and the website asked me to fill details like the nationality birth date and passport no of my son. However, the pass they sent us through the email only has myself and my husband’s name. Is it the normal procedure. I have already written to them thrice since yesterday morning and they haven’t responded back. Will my son be able to travel with us? Do I need to get the pass rectified? If yes, what would be the procedure for the same. Our pass is getting activated tomorrow so need urgent help pls.

Thanks,

Isha

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    19 May 2018 at 17:57:55 #885819

Hi Isha,

It sounds like you received Swiss Travel Passes for 2 adults, which is correct. A 4 year old does not require any pass or ticket, so you are good to go. Only children between 6 and 15 need a free Swiss Family Card, but I guess they did not send you one because you don’t need it. You do need passports on you at all times so you can prove you’re the parents of the child, and his birth date.

It’s weekend now and Monday is a holiday, so they may not get back to you until Tuesday. All of this sounds ok though. In case of any doubt you can show your passes at any staffed train station in Switzerland to verify it’s fine.

Enjoy your trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2018 at 20:55:47 #885820

Thank you Arno for your quick revert 🙂

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass – did not receive child pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.