Swiss Travel Pass discount ticket for Mt. Pilatus

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2018 at 7:20:20 #814700

Hi ,

We are a family of six consisting of 4 adults , 2 youths and 1 senior citizen. We will be buying the Swiss Travel pass , however , we would like to know how to avail the discounts and offers for the Golden Round trip to Mt. Pilatus from Lake Lucerne.

As holders of the STP, I am aware that we can avail various discounts and free rides on public transport which also includes boat rides, cogwheels etc (which are a part of the golden round trip to pilatus).

On checking online, theres no option for me to book the same tour (Golden round trip to pilatus from lucerne) at a discounted rate for STP holders.

Hence , my question is , should I book this tour at all(online) or should i show my STP at the lucerne dock and book my tickets and avail discounts there ?

Also, I will be travelling from Paris to Lucerne via train. On checking the website, I found out that a few specific train/s from Paris Nord to Basel are included in the STP, however Im unable to find the details of the train. Can you please let me know if my STP will cover train ride from paris to basel or do i need to buy separate train tickets for the same ?

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2018 at 9:19:51 #878375

Hi natasha15 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, if you can’t find the appropriate discount with an online retailer you can buy your ticket in Lucerne (you get 50% off the trip to Mt. Pilatus).

The Swiss Travel Pass doesn’t cover any trains from outside Switzerland. You would need to buy a ticket from Paris to Basel, then just use your Swiss Travel Pass for the remainder of the trip to Lucerne.

You can find details on buying the Swiss Travel Pass online here. That way you can have it emailed to you for printing at home and have it with you before you reach Switzerland.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2018 at 9:57:08 #878376

Hi Lucas ,

Thank you so much for your help ! Additionally, I would also like to confirm if Im on the right track regarding the Jungfraujoch trip. I have chosen the trip from interlaken for swiss pass holders, the link of which I have attached. I hope this is the correct trip for STP holders.

http://www.viator.com/tours/I nterlaken/Jungfraujoch -with-Swiss-Travel-Pass/d5011-50992P4

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2018 at 15:20:01 #878377

That would work, it is for Swiss Travel Pass holders to go to Jungfraujoch so it would have the correct discount for you.

I’d make sure the weather looked good at the top before buying non-refundable tickets though. 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2018 at 6:11:45 #878378

Hi Lucas,

We will be travelling in June , so will the weather be dicy even then or is it safe to book junfraugch tickets now ?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2018 at 7:05:15 #878379

Yes, the weather can be poor at that altitude at any time of year. It is the clouds that are of concern; they can come in and completely obscure any views you were hoping to have.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass discount ticket for Mt. Pilatus’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.