About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Swiss Travel Pass validity on dotted lines?
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Swiss Travel Pass validity on dotted lines?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Agniman
Agniman
15 posts
Oct 10, 2020 - 9:08 AM

First of all thanks to all admins and moderators for creating such beautiful and informative website . Swiss travel pass area of validity map tells that in dot marked railway lines will get 50% fare reduction dot marked circled 1 railway lines will get 25% fare reduction and ash colour marked line with no reduction. Suppose now i am going 1. Spiez to Visp in between i found some portion with dotted lines 2.Andermatt to visp in between i found ash colour line . what is the rules of sbb in this case .i have uploaded attachments.

Thanks .... in advance

Please login to see the attached documents
Anna
Anna
972 posts
top member &
Oct 10, 2020 - 12:54 PM in reply to Agniman

Hi Agniman,

I wouldn't worry so much about that if you plan your journeys using the SBB timetable. Some of the dotted lines indicate tunnels (for example the route from Spiez to Visp) and this is covered by the STP too.

In general, you just have to remember that the Swiss Travel Pass is valid on most SBB train networks., and you get up to 50% discounts on selected cable cars and mountain railways.

You can find more information about the Swiss Travel Pass validity here: www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/validity

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Anna

Last modified on Oct 10, 2020 - 4:59 PM by Arno
Arno
Arno
14395 posts
expert &
Oct 10, 2020 - 5:01 PM

Hi there Agniman,

If you download the map from Anna's link, you'll find the tunnels explained in the legend. As Anna said, they are fully included.

Happy travels!

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020