Swiss Travel Pass validity on dotted lines?

• Agniman
    Participant
    16 posts
    10 October 2020 at 9:08:45 #825713

First of all thanks to all admins and moderators for creating such beautiful and informative website . Swiss travel pass area of validity map tells that in dot marked railway lines will get 50% fare reduction dot marked circled 1 railway lines will get 25% fare reduction and ash colour marked line with no reduction. Suppose now i am going 1. Spiez to Visp in between i found some portion with dotted lines 2.Andermatt to visp in between i found ash colour line . what is the rules of sbb in this case .i have uploaded attachments.

Thanks …. in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    10 October 2020 at 12:54:03 #934373

Hi Agniman,

I wouldn’t worry so much about that if you plan your journeys using the SBB timetable. Some of the dotted lines indicate tunnels (for example the route from Spiez to Visp) and this is covered by the STP too.

In general, you just have to remember that the Swiss Travel Pass is valid on most SBB train networks., and you get up to 50% discounts on selected cable cars and mountain railways.

You can find more information about the Swiss Travel Pass validity here: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/validity

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Anna

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 October 2020 at 17:01:34 #934374

Hi there Agniman,

If you download the map from Anna’s link, you’ll find the tunnels explained in the legend. As Anna said, they are fully included.

Happy travels!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass validity on dotted lines?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.