Oct 9, 2021 - 6:47 PM
Thank you all for your input, I really appreciate it. We are still thinking the pros and cons of each pass for our itinerary. Therefore, we have more questions, sorry!!
1. If we get the half fare card, how easy is it to buy tickets from machines/ at counters? Are the lines usually long/ short?
2. Can we get tickets the night before? For example, I know we will head to Grindelwald from Lucern tomorrow morning, can I go to the train station and get the ticket tonight?
3. If question 2 is yes, then the ticket I get would be an open ticket? I might have to select a date but don't need to select the time of the train?
4. How easy is it to exchange trains in Switzerland? Do we have to carry luggages up/ down the stairs?
5. I found it online that we can purchase Swiss sim card on our way to the train, is this still the case? We are coming from Ireland and they offer us the worst plan ever to use roaming in Switzerland. A sim card is a must to us. Which provider do you recommend?
Last modified on Oct 9, 2021 - 6:58 PM by alicet