Feb 21, 2019 - 9:05 AM
Firstly, I would like to give a big shout out to the team behind MySwissAlps. This is an amazing forum, easy to navigate and full of tonnes of useful information for travelers. Kudos ! and Loads of love all the way from India.
Although, for a first time traveler, I was able to get a fairly good idea of where and how to travel, I still had a few doubts, which I am putting forward now, along with information on my itinerary, so that you can suggest best possible options for me.
- I am planning to travel to Interlaken OST from Austria, on 10th of March, 2019, with my wife and from there, take a train to Lauterbrunnen, reaching @ around 2:30-3:00 pm.
- I plan to book a stay at Lauterbrunnen and from there take an early train to Jungfraujoch on 11th March, 2019, and cover a few places in the vicinity, like Kleine Scheidegg and Wengen while returning back to Lauterbrunnen in the night.
- I will return back to Interlaken OST on 12th of March, since I have to take my train back to Austria, from where I will catch my flight back to India, in the early hours of 13th March, 2019.
Few things I wanted to know are :
1) Which pass should I take for my itinerary, Swiss Travel Pass vs Jungfrau Travel Pass or Jungfrau Hiking and Sledging Pass ( considering it will be winter in March), and for how many days (1 day, 2 day, 3 day) ?
2) What is the difference in price for the two?
3) Will the pass cover my travel from Interlaken OST to Lauterbrennen and onwards to jungfroch , and then back to Interlaken on 12th of March?
3) Will I still need to book tickets, after I take the pass, or will the pass be enough?
4) Websites where I can buy the passes, since I am not sure about buying from the train station directly.
Thanks in advance.
Last modified on Feb 21, 2019 - 6:25 PM by Maria