Swiss Travel Pass vs Swiss Half Fare card - math

Swiss Travel Pass vs Swiss Half Fare card - math

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
sukchu
sukchu
6 posts
Jan 11, 2018 - 10:02 AM

Hi.

I have attached my itinerary for my trip to Swiss which i will be traveling on the 22nd of January using the excel sheet provided my this site. I would really like someone to kindly check if my price calculations are correct and I'm not missing out on any other extra hidden cost for me to decide on which type of pass I should be issuing. If I missed out on any of the details please kindly guide me and let me know which card is best for me to issue during my stay there. I will be there till the 29th January total of 8 days. As of my calculations the half fare card is coming to be a better option but I might be wrong if i missed out on any details unforeseen.

Thank you

Sukhcharan K.

Please login to see the attached documents
Lucas
Lucas
5527 posts
expert &
Jan 11, 2018 - 10:55 AM in reply to sukchu

Hi Sukhcharan,

A quick glance makes me think your full fare prices are too low on the city trips (Zermatt to Grindelwald for example). The prices fluctuate but typically it is between 30 and 40chf for the Swiss Half fare Card rate and your full rate is 48chf....which should be about the price for the 1/2 fare.

The first price you see on the SBB timetable is the Swiss Half Fare price. You need to click purchase (red link) and enter your name and birthday as well as select that you have no fare reduction to get the proper full fare price.

Last modified on Jan 11, 2018 - 10:56 AM by Lucas
sukchu
sukchu
6 posts
Jan 11, 2018 - 10:59 AM

Thanks a lot Lucas. Will check about that..

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018