Swiss Travel Pass with wrong date of birth

• Grazie
    Participant
    17 posts
    25 June 2019 at 8:32:02 #822466

Hello,

I received our Swiss Travel Pass by e-mail a couple of weeks ago and I noticed then that my daughter’s date of birth was incorrect. I’ve already e-mailed Rail Europe (where I bought the passes) to let me know of the incorrect info but I have yet to received any response from them. I was charged with the correct amount for ages 16-25, but I’m just worried that her date of birth on her travel pass doesn’t match her passport. Will this be a problem when we get to Switzerland? I can’t seem to find a phone number that I can call to address the issue before we get there. Any help on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

Grace

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2019 at 10:43:49 #916040

Hi we were in Switzerland in June first week, the ticket checkers in trains just scanned QR code on e tickets or downloaded STP s on mobiles they did not checked passports or closely checked persons .Same in other transports too.

JaneEB
    Participant
    219 posts
    25 June 2019 at 13:17:01 #916041

Hi, We were in Switzerland last week and only had our tickets scanned with no need to show our passports on all our numerous train journeys except for one time when we were moving from Wengen to Lucerne.

When we got on the near empty train at Interlaken Ost the lady ticket collecter was not very friendly at all. I had our Swiss Travel Passes together with our passports ready for inspection even though up until now we had not needed our passports. She scrutinised our tickets and passports and as she could find nothing wrong told us off for putting our two hand luggage bags on the seat beside us instead of in the luggage rack. We met no one else like her during the whole of our holiday. We found the Swiss to be very friendly.

Jane

Arno
    15471 posts
    26 June 2019 at 6:23:20 #916042

Hi Grace,

It might be fine as long as everything else like the passenger name and passport number on the pass is fine. But it would be best to get Rail Europe’s confirmation. Be sure to check your spam folder as their reply may have gone there. If not, please give them a call through their North American number: (800) 438-7245.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2019 at 6:27:11 #916043

We didn’t travel with our passports unless we were moving between hotels. We did have photo ID.

Our travel passes were checked but our passports were never asked for, neither was our photo ID.

Even in most of the hotels in Switzerland our passports weren’t checked.

Arno
    15471 posts
    26 June 2019 at 6:34:27 #916044

Ah yes, regarding passports: you do need to travel with the passport or other ID of which the number is printed on your Swiss Travel Pass. It will not be asked for every time, or perhaps not even at all, but they do check randomly. We were asked for it twice on our last trip.

Grazie
    Participant
    17 posts
    26 June 2019 at 7:24:03 #916045

Thank you everyone for your helpful input. I will definitely give them a call Arno, just to be on a safe side. So looking forward to visit Switzerland!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass with wrong date of birth’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.