Mar 24, 2013 - 8:15 AM
I am planning a trip to switzerland for 7 days and I will be taking the Swiss pass. While i do visit the sbb site for train details, i need to know the following:
1) The sbb site shares train timings from say lucerne to zermatt. But what if i want to travel on a panaromic train? what are my options? I plan to visit Zermatt, Interlaken, Geneva, Zurich, Montreaux and Lugano. Can i take a panoramic train to at least one of these places? which is the best one to take?
2) what are the options available for cruises? which ones are included in this swiss pass? do you have any recommendations?
3) What are the musuems really worth visiting that are included in the swiss pass in the cities mentioned above?
4) I will be based in Lucerne and so will have to really make an effort to take the chocolate train. is it worth it?
5) On the last day, my flight leaves from Zurich at 9.00 in the morning. and so i need to be at the airport at 6 in the morning. how should we go about it? will there be trains available as early as say 5.00 in the morning?
will appreciate any input that you can give. look forward to making the most of my swiss trip.