Geneva, Luzern and Glacier Express in 5 days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 March 2017 at 23:19:08 #811064

Hi,

We are a family of four (2 adults and 2 kids aged 13 and 10). We will be travelling from London to Geneva during the 3rd week of May 2017 and this will be a pleasure trip with kids. We are planning for 4 nights / 5 days, before returning back to London on 5th day evening. Can you please suggest an itinerary with some of the best tourist attractions which can be explored. But for sure, we want to cover the Alps and like to have a trip to Mt Titlis and if possible, travel thru the Glacier Express.

Please also suggest a Travel Pass which can suit our schedule and be the best in budget.

Thanks,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2017 at 9:04:57 #860053

Hi Devura and welcome to MySwissAlps!

We don’t create itineraries here, but we can help give you suggestions. I am not sure what the best tourist attraction is to you however.

It would be easier to do your stated ideas (Mt. Titilis and the Glacier Express) if you can fly in and out of Zurich rather than Geneva.

However, if Geneva is set, it can still be done! I would first take a train to Montreux, lots of things to see and do here that your family would enjoy – click here to read more.

After Montreux you can train to Zermatt where you can explore perhaps a few hours (if you don’t stay overnight) before taking the Glacier Express to Chur. From Chur you can train to Luzern for a night or two. In Luzern you can explore Mt. Titlis and many other attractions noted here.

After this you can train back to Montreux via the Golden Pass panoramic train if you wish and from there back to Geneva.

I hope this helps with your itinerary planning and deciding on where to overnight during you visit. Have a read through the links above and let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Geneva, Luzern and Glacier Express in 5 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.