Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Switzerland June 2020 Interlaken, Lucerne, Zermatt

Switzerland June 2020 Interlaken, Lucerne, Zermatt

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
TUKAIKOL
TUKAIKOL
18 posts
Jan 13, 2020 - 2:57 PM

Will be visiting Switzerland from June 10 to June 16. Will arrive from Paris by train on June 10 and will move to austria on June 17. My family is four members with two kids 15 and 7 years.

I intend to cover the bernese oberland ( Grindelwald, lake thun, wengen, murren and Jungfrau); lucerne along with mount titlis and zermatt with matterhorn. In addition I also want to cover rhine falls only in zurich without staying there. My questions are

1. I am planning to stay at wengen hotel edelweiss...will it be a good base for lucerne and zermatt also.

2. If I decide to stay in two places should it be wengen and lucerne or wengen and zermatt.

3. What will be the starting point since I will be coming from Paris and what will be the ending point since I will catch train for austria Salzburg or innsbruk on the last day.

4. Can I catch train from zurich for austria fter completing rhine falls trip.

5. Should I buy swiss travel pass for 8 days though I will stay for seven nights.

6. If I am covering Jungfrau and titlis does it makes sense to cover schiliton also.

7. With two kids we prefer less hiking and more natural scenery and valleys and waterfall.

Please help me in finalising the itinerary.

Warm regards

Arijit

Steph
Steph
2108 posts
top member &
Jan 14, 2020 - 2:57 PM in reply to TUKAIKOL

Hello Arijit,

Nice to hear you're coming along to Switzerland.

1) You can visit both Lucerne and Zermatt in a daytrip from Wengen, depending on how much travelling you're fine with. Use the timetable below to figure out times and connections, and don't forget you'll need some time to explore the destinations too before returning:
- www.myswissalps.com/timetable
- www.myswissalps.com/wengen
- www.myswissalps.com/lucerne
- www.myswissalps.com/zermatt

2) This is up to your preferences. Lucerne is for sure the larger place than Wengen and Zermatt.

3) I don't really understand this question. Starting and ending point of what?! This depends what train you plan to take. See below links for input about the trains to/from France and Austria
- www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/france
- www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/austria

4) Again, use the timetable provided above to find an answer to this question, you can simply add a "via Rheinfalls" to your journey Zurich - Salzburg and see what it comes up with.
- www.myswissalps.com/rhinefalls

5) If you stay 7 nights this makes 8 days, right?! I think this might be the best choice for you.
- www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass

6) This again is a question which mainly depends on your desires of scenery. Make it dependant on available time and the weather forecast would be my suggestion:
- www.myswissalps.com/jungfraujoch
- www.myswissalps.com/titlis
- www.myswissalps.com/schilthorn
- www.myswissalps.com/weather

7) Can't see a question here but I agree with your statement.

Happy planning and get back to us anytime for details.

Best,
Steph

TUKAIKOL
TUKAIKOL
18 posts
Jan 14, 2020 - 3:58 PM

Thank you steph for replying majority of the queries. My query number 3 was .. Since I will be coming from Paris should I first stay at lucerne or wengen .. That means lucerne .. Wengen.. Zermatt .. Ending with zurich.

or it should be wengen. .zermatt.. Lucerne . Ending with zurich.

rockoyster
rockoyster
8392 posts
expert
Jan 14, 2020 - 7:57 PM in reply to TUKAIKOL

If you went Paris to Geneva (or Lausanne) you could go Zermatt - Wengen - Luzern. There‘s another option for you. At least then you are travelling pretty much in one direction and you end up close to Zurich for your departure to Austria.

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020