Jan 13, 2020 - 2:57 PM
Will be visiting Switzerland from June 10 to June 16. Will arrive from Paris by train on June 10 and will move to austria on June 17. My family is four members with two kids 15 and 7 years.
I intend to cover the bernese oberland ( Grindelwald, lake thun, wengen, murren and Jungfrau); lucerne along with mount titlis and zermatt with matterhorn. In addition I also want to cover rhine falls only in zurich without staying there. My questions are
1. I am planning to stay at wengen hotel edelweiss...will it be a good base for lucerne and zermatt also.
2. If I decide to stay in two places should it be wengen and lucerne or wengen and zermatt.
3. What will be the starting point since I will be coming from Paris and what will be the ending point since I will catch train for austria Salzburg or innsbruk on the last day.
4. Can I catch train from zurich for austria fter completing rhine falls trip.
5. Should I buy swiss travel pass for 8 days though I will stay for seven nights.
6. If I am covering Jungfrau and titlis does it makes sense to cover schiliton also.
7. With two kids we prefer less hiking and more natural scenery and valleys and waterfall.
Please help me in finalising the itinerary.